Apple's new iPhone

Well, we have been waiting for it for about 2 years and now it is finally here, the new iPhone from Apple, really slick little piece of invention.
The question is, when will it be available? Can’t wait to put my paws on one of these little things.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! I WANT NOW!

Looks wonderful. It’s unfortunate that it won’t be released in Asia until 2008.

Well, it’s not like Taiwan is going to be on the top of Apple’s list after the ‘Luxpro’ bs.

Where did you hear this?

I heard that on a podcast this morning. Looks really sweet. But 4 gigs? In two or three years, they’ll have a decent camera and 80 gigs. I’d pay through the nose for that.

CNN mentions June 07. cnn.com/2007/TECH/ptech/01/0 … index.html
499 USD for a 4GB version with 2.0 M-pixel cam.
I want to pre-order one already! Q is , where will they be made? Taiwan, China?

Yeah, it looks cool until you see… 4 Gb. If it won’t replace my current iPod, then it’s just another piece of junk to carry round.

Yes, June 2007 for the US, but what about Taiwan? Plus, If you buy one in the US, could you still use it here?

Anyway you look at it, this is far from being another piece of junk

But hey will also have the 8GB model… Why would someone put ALL his songs on his Mp3 or mobile without having a backup on a local system in case of theft or loss?
Nokia started the Mp3 GigaByte storage war on phones, still.
Anyway, I wanna see how the Iphone will do in tests, but its final design looks very very cool making it a wanna have !

In the US it’s tied to a Cingular contract. Partially I assume because of the voicemail feature or in Apple parlance they want to also revolutionize the network. Time will tell what the penalties would be to purchase stateside and bring over here before it’s introduced to a local network (if ever in Taiwan).

It’s time to ditch the phone moniker - it’s a pocketmac.

Aboslutely, very cool design and a must have if the tests are conclusive. But so far I must say, I have rarely been disapointed by an Apple’s product.

Oh, it’s cool. But I’ve yet to see a phone with a decent camera lens, and I wouldn’t buy a 4 gig iPod. When those things are brought up to scratch, wow. With a screen that size, carrying ebooks might be feasible too. So much for the Crackberry.

The Nokia N95 has a Carl Zeiss lens (5 megapixels)

I’ve always thought eventually there would be just one device for all of these purposes to replace your music player, your camera, your phone, etc. Does this have GPS and radio tuner in it? If so, I think it would be just about perfect (though a little more memory than 8Gb would be good). It will be interesting to see how the screen holds up to all that touching.

That’s the first thing I thought of when I saw it. The screen is meant for dialing and inputting text (how?) AND watching movies? They better make that thing super scratch-resistant or else they’ll have a PR nightmare ten times worse than the 1G Nano debacle. “OMG, I put the $700 phone I just bought into my pocket and it’s scratched!”

I have no desire for a phone that does more than make calls, send text messages, and that costs more than US$100, so this thing doesn’t really spin my propellor.

I recently bought one of the new Shuffles to listen to while jogging. What I’ve found is that I really prefer carrying the Shuffle around while doing my errands rather than my older 3G iPod. Not only because it’s much lighter, but also because I like how it clips to my jacket so I can just hit next without having to take the whole thing out of my pocket and out of the case. I’d imagine that would be especially true if I were walking/taking the MRT around in Taibei.

It’s a pain in the arse having to decide what to put on it every day though. My big iPod fits everything on.

I was thinking that if Apple updated the video iPods I’d get one of them for video playing, but now the 6Gb iRiver Clix 2 or 8Gb W10 are looking better and better.

Exactly!! Very cool new product and I can see Apple using their main operating system software to complement it more and more, I think Apple will still be dominating this market 5 years from now.

What about the new Apple TV? That would work here, I guess.

[quote=“Poagao”]The Nokia N95 has a Carl Zeiss lens (5 megapixels)

I’ve always thought eventually there would be just one device for all of these purposes to replace your music player, your camera, your phone, etc. Does this have GPS and radio tuner in it? If so, I think it would be just about perfect (though a little more memory than 8Gb would be good). It will be interesting to see how the screen holds up to all that touching.[/quote]

Amen! I’m in love with the N95, hence the difficulty in deciding between it and the PS3~ It’s got everything.