Apple's new iPhone

Apple constantly reduced the quality and the price. I don’t think that there are so many followers.

Wait about 18 months. Then it will be cool. Steve Jobs probably has someone reading this forum right now, taking notes.

I’m wondering if they put it together for the trade show just to get the response that they have been getting. Amazing PR. It’s quite cool, but a let down. And we can’t even buy it yet.

I was thinking about spending some money impulsively lately. I still don’t have an ipod. I feel left out. if I got one, it would have to hold about 80 gigs of music and video, connect wirelessly to the apple tv gadjet (which also connects to my stereo) and my new computer that I haven’t bought yet, and make a darned good chicken curry or something like that.

I think the ipod still isn’t finished. Wireless, bluetooth, smaller, bigger screen please please. Then make a phone.

I might as well save my money. New compooter soon. Any tipeinf lessonsh.

apple’s market share grows each quarter so not sure about not so many followers.

as for quality and price? in the 6+ years I have been using apple stuff for work, home and play i have had a total of zero problems. same cant be said for the pc folk at work. they keep our IT person in work i guess :slight_smile:

apple’s market share grows each quarter so not sure about not so many followers.

as for quality and price? in the 6+ years I have been using apple stuff for work, home and play i have had a total of zero problems. same cant be said for the pc folk at work. they keep our IT person in work i guess :slight_smile:[/quote]
I’ll second that, been an Apple guy for about the same period of time. Numer of time I had to return a product because of malfunction? 0. Thank you very much. :bravo:

At first glance, it looks to be the same marketing strategy they took with the iPod; first models are cool, but bare bones. Six months later, a new model with expanded memory and a few more add ons. Carries them through a couple years of marketing updated versions of the same product. The buying pattern amongst hardcore Apple users (iAddicts? :wink: ) seems to be that they always want the newest and the latest. Jobs and his staff know this and tailor the release of their products accordingly. My take on this: I’d buy the stock (wish I had a couple years ago!), but will wait a year or so after realease before buying the phone.

This was in the NY times a couple of days back relating to one of my own pet peeves, DRM, Digital rights management and how the companies are using it not so much as a method of protection, but more as a method of securing a market share at the expense of the consumer.

nytimes.com/2007/01/14/busin … ref=slogin

It’s not so much a criticism of the product, which as many have said looks great and have many more new and exiting versions to come. But, what these companies are doing is punishing the consumer and in some cases is out and out illegal. Sony last year was caught installing rootkits on peoples computers every time they played a CD, which in essence is spyware ! en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_rootkit

Microsoft chose to cripple Firewire 800 as it didn’t like it, championing USB instead, rme-audio.com/english/techinfo/fw800sp2.htm then there’s Blu ray and HD DVD , technically very similar, but not similar enough to be compatible and the list goes on and on, and the consumers all suffer.

DRM is one of the annoying/obnoxious things about Apple. I can’t sacrifice functionality over principles just yet though… I’m just too dumb and bad tempered to work on a PC.

Iphone is not out yet and some smart ass already copied-hacked the layout calling it “Iphony” the same guy who founded MoDaCo. f’course apple’s lawyers were not sleeping… :smiley:

Here it is embedded in a Windows mobile platform.

i’ve had the motorola MING for the past year,does everything you mentioned,plus it has a really cool and geeky business card reader that save your contact’s details in one click.

motorolas are so ugly, though…

And tell me it’s not really called MING?! It’s a name that’s not going to work in the UK.

it is called a ming;but using the Chinese symbol

everywhere else it’s called A1200

and ugly???
you mean,as opposed to the plasticky white rectangular “austere” thingy that you keep on praising?

ja get an iphone
its made in Germany!

Iphone my but ox, more like I-phoney . I want this iscapedevice.com/

Ps. I could not wait till April 1st.

Anyone seen this?

There is a suggestion that Apple in fact copied LG.

http://www.macnn.com/articles/07/02/13/apple.takes.iphone.idea/

Anyone have any updates on availability in Taiwan or Asia?

Perhaps available in Hong Kong or Singapore unlocked?

I guess the last I heard is not in Asia until '2008… but when will it be available somewhere unlocked?

US$6,000
to buy an iPhone and use it for 2 years! Seriously, that’s what it costs.

blog.wired.com/gadgets/2007/06/i … al-co.html

Get real.

Ok, one can pay $2,000 on the lesser plans, but that’s still a lot of dough.

Now it’s out and here is some critical voice rather than the usual hype from fanboys: iPhone feels like a Version 1.0 product

Just wait to November for 1.1.

The news item I saw tonight said it will retail for NT$32,000 here.
The wait in line in New York is 15 hours.

Which service provider will carry it here?

It’s never a good idea to buy a version one of mac things. Wait for the guinea pigs to try it out and for apple to fix it in version two. Then it’s good. Usually.

Personally, I think it’s too expensive. Cool features but not 3g?