Applying for jobs outside while outside of Taiwan

I’ve been mulling over this for a while and decided to post to see if anybody here would be kind enough to help me with information about my situation.

My understanding is its possible to enter the country at the moment as long as you have a work permit (and presumably a health check from outside the country because it would be needed to get the work permit).

I’m wondering what is the best strategy to find work?

My preference is teaching very young students <6 (I have some appreciation for the specific legal and other considerations of that in Taiwan, so I’m not looking to further that knowledge here).

My expectation is very few employers, perhaps only some of the big schools would be willing to organise this paperwork/take the risk for someone currently outside the country. And also that the main hiring season is now, and again in December/January… and that finding work outside of these ‘windows’ will be extremely difficult where there are border restrictions.

I have friends outside the country that have had recent offers from Hess and Shane (although I read others have reported they sometimes aren’t hiring from outside at the moment).

Given some of the horror stories I’ve heard about the big schools, I’m kind of reluctant to roll the dice and work there.

However, my sense is that the borders for tourists will not be opened until at least next year, therefore after even the December/January hiring season. Which would mean I would be looking at most likely mid next year before starting.

(I had applied to a few companies in February/March and got interviews with all of the companies I was interested in working for, but in late March/April they said they weren’t going to process applications from outside the country at the moment. Which leads me to believe it will be very difficult for a long time to find works whilst outside the country.)

I would be grateful if anybody could confirm the above and give some suggestions as to what the best way for me to find work in Taiwan would be.

Thanks in advance.