Applying for Taiwan Resident Visa in Philippines

I am Australian here on a 30 day visa free pass and I‘m in the process of securing my work permit.

I understand I need to leave the country to get a resident visa and I’ve booked a trip to the Phiippines but my question is what is the process for applying in the Philippines. How long will it take? What do I need to bring and how much will it be?

Thanks!

[quote=“jessheg”]I am Australian here on a 30 day visa free pass and I‘m in the process of securing my work permit.

I understand I need to leave the country to get a resident visa and I’ve booked a trip to the Phiippines but my question is what is the process for applying in the Philippines. How long will it take? What do I need to bring and how much will it be?

Thanks![/quote]

I guess you are referring to what is termed as a “visa run”. However, I am not sure if you can get the resident visa directly, Usually you are issued a visitor visa which then gets converted to resident through some documentation/proof including but not restricted to work permit, Taiwanese School(Chinese learning or some other major) admission letter etc. (A valid reason for your residence) After you get the resident visa, you are expected to apply for the ARC.

For the Taiwanese embassy in Philippines to provide you with a resident visa ,you must have the work permit in hand with you as of now, However, if you really do have the work permit right now, There is no need for you to leave taiwan, Just head over to BOCA and they can get the resident visa done for you. In case, you still do not have the work permit, Then you do need to leave Taiwan for a visa run.

You need to find out the exact location of the Taiwan embassy (cultural center) in Philippines. I don’t have info about that since I always chose HK. Once there, You need to provide them with the visa application form, 2 pictures and some kind of valid reason for going to Taiwan. Since you would be categorized under employment category, Your employer will provide you with some kind of documentation to show that your work permit is under processing , And that’s it. Of course, you need to pay the visa fee as well (refer to the website). Usually, It takes 2 working days. However, In case you are in a rush and need it the same day, I guess it is 25% extra than usual processing fee.

Here is the link of the Taiwanese embassy in Philippines for address and other info
roc-taiwan.org/PH/ct.asp?xIt … 712&mp=272

Here is the link for filling up the visa form:
visawebapp.boca.gov.tw/BOCA_MRV … 0_form.jsp

[quote=“jessheg”]I am Australian here on a 30 day visa free pass and I‘m in the process of securing my work permit.

Thanks![/quote]

Are you sure you have to leave? White collar workers (ie foreign experts) at least can now apply in-country for a resident visa.

[quote=“the bear”][quote=“jessheg”]I am Australian here on a 30 day visa free pass and I‘m in the process of securing my work permit.

Thanks![/quote]

Are you sure you have to leave? White collar workers (ie foreign experts) at least can now apply in-country for a resident visa.[/quote]

I guess he is still in the process of receiving the work permit, So as of now He doesn’t have a copy of work permit in hand. In that case you can’t even apply a resident visa (be it within Taiwan or outside). Sure, if you got the work permit, Head over to BOCA, wait for 15 days and you will get a resident visa. But I am pretty sure he doesn’t have a work permit yet and he is confusing the resident visa with visitor visa.

Sorry I didn’t explain myself well enough. My work visa is for an arts related job and is being processed now, I don’t leave until the 6th so have a bit of time up my sleeve but yes I am talking about a residence visa because I wouldnt be able to legally work under a visitor visa, right? It wouldbe great if I could do it here, thanks for the advice so far, I will try and process it here first.

I did apply in Japan because applying in Taiwan requires 10 or something days to get the document without exit. Just brought my work certificate and passport at the Taiwan embassy and next day it was ready.