APRC Application Checklist (part 2)

Most recent checklist from the NIA shown here, thanks to chubbypanda for providing the images! This is a continuation of this thread: forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 67&t=80053 Please post questions and updates below.

Super helpful! For folks considering this, keep in mind that there are also other ways to get an APRC including the Plum Blossom Card channel:

[url]APRC - Plum Blossom Card

Guy

I will be investigating if it’s okay to have a gap in your ARC’s sometime during the next month. Under the old rules this was absolutely not okay and it reset your APRC clock but apparently under the new rules you can have a gap as long as you were either in the country for 183 days that year or on an ARC for 183 days that year (unclear which). I will verify if that is correct because I would then qualify July 1st for an APRC since I have a gap after my first year.

I’m hoping.

Bravo! Hopefully the folks applying, or planning to apply in the future, will be sure to get the updated income requirements.

I noted that this section below is missing some important information, perhaps that the $10,000 will be refunded (?) Here’s hoping that’s the case.

[quote=“Steve4nLanguage”]Bravo! Hopefully the folks applying, or planning to apply in the future, will be sure to get the updated income requirements.

I noted that this section below is missing some important information, perhaps that the $10,000 will be refunded (?) Here’s hoping that’s the case.
[/quote]

Few addidional comments regarding latest checklist:

-point 3 in section IV is obviously missing second part of the “If the application is disproved or rejected” statement. It’s meant to say that money would be returned
-latest version is from 2014/05/07

-no prior appointment/phone call needed, this isn’t Taipei county
-easiest way to prove “financial independence” is pastel-color slip & certificate documents from National Taxation Bureau
-application for police record is available online eli.npa.gov.tw/E7WebO/index01.jsp and ready after few days
(easy to plan for short paperwork time, both offices are within walkable distance; same for taxation bureau as well)

Just an fyi, I’ve discovered you can quit your job, apply for a temporary (6 month) arc, and while on the temp arc, apply for the aprc. Copies of all previous work permits may be required, but having a current work permit is not.

The images in the original post of this thread don’t show up.

What’s the latest APRC checklist as of late-ish 2015?

The photos are showing up for me just fine. It must be something to do with your browser. The photos on the first page are the most recent requirements, exactly same as the copy I picked up from nia this week.

Okay, the photos are showing up now.
What kind of evidence do need for your income? Do they need copies of your old work permits?

1. Little paper with seals from the Tax Office

2. Used to. Seems not the case anymore

Thanks Icon. You’re always here with the answers.
Btw, just curious; why do you lurk the flob still? You’ve been here long enough for your immigration problems to be distant memories, no?

Yes, but I remember how confusing it was before and since I gave done my time and can help, why not?

Plus this place is fun!

Btw, what is the ‘little paper’. It’s not the 扣繳憑單 is it?

Btw, what is the ‘little paper’. It’s not the 扣繳憑單 is it?[/quote]

To be honest, I do not recall the name. It is actually a certification that you have paid all your taxes and for what amount -as you must present an X amount of earnings/holdings to be eligible. In the good ol times it was a 5 year record, seems now only one year will suffice.

See? It is way easier now than before?

I’ve been here for 5 years, but I’ve only been working here for 4.5 years. The first 6 months were as a student.
I’m not eligible to apply for my APRC for another 6 months, correct?

[quote=“andyj”]I’ve been here for 5 years, but I’ve only been working here for 4.5 years. The first 6 months were as a student.
I’m not eligible to apply for my APRC for another 6 months, correct?[/quote]

I believe that is correct but it doesn’t hurt to ask. Your APRC date is based on how far back your current resident visa goes back. AFAIK you have to switch resident visas when you change from a student visa to work visa.

I asked about mine two months ago when I applied for my last ARC and in 5 seconds she said my date was July 21st (next year).

Exactly.

It is rule of thumb that time as a student does not count. However, overall, the first, foremost and last word is NIA`s: one quick check in their computers will save you a lot of aggravation.

Thanks guys! You are awesome.

I’m sure this has been answered in the first part of this post but I didn’t see it in my quick read through so here goes:

“…living as legal residents in Taiwan for over 183 days per year for five consecutive years…”

Does this mean you just have to be legally present in Taiwan for 183+ days per year for five+ years? It is not necessary to have had an ARC for every day of the entire 5 years?

[quote=“Lee Kohl”]I’m sure this has been answered in the first part of this post but I didn’t see it in my quick read through so here goes:

“…living as legal residents in Taiwan for over 183 days per year for five consecutive years…”

Does this mean you just have to be legally present in Taiwan for 183+ days per year for five+ years? It is not necessary to have had an ARC for every day of the entire 5 years?[/quote]
When I got my APRC two years ago, the five-year eligibility clock started from the day my ARC was issued, not from the time I first started residing in Taiwan. I believe it’s the same now.