APRC Application Checklist (part 2)

Non-working spouses can’t get APRC’s (unless they work and pass the income requirement). They continue to get an ARC through their spouse.[/quote]

What situation are you referring to, Abacus? A non-working spouse of a foreigner or a non-working spouse of a ROC national?[/quote]

Can either get an APRC? I know that a non-working spouse of a foreigner can’t. Are you saying that non-working spouses of ROC nationals can get an APRC instead of a JFRV ARC with open work rights?[/quote]

Foreign spouses of foreign nationals cannot solely by virtue of their dependent status.
I did not see anything in the application guide (Chinese / English) that would disqualify non-working foreign spouses of ROC nationals form obtaining an APRC. In fact, the Chinese application guide specifically specifies the minimum salary requirement for non-ROC-spouses whereas there is no such mention for foreigner with ROC-spouse.

immigration.gov.tw/wizard/0903.htm

I found this. It also clearly says 1 year. I’m going to negotiate with the office in Nantou again today, LOL.

At least in Chiayi, even with a tax statement from 103, the NIA absolutely requires an employment certificate. Is there an official document for that? I’ve been unable to find it.

I just have our front office type one up and stamp it. It’s the same thing I used to renew my ARC each time. It includes my name, bithday, passport number, M/F, date I started, etc.

Filed for my APRC last week in Taoyuan and wanted to share my experience.

Required items:

• Application form
  • Previous year’s tax record (yes, 1 year was all I needed though I brought more just in case.) This is the greenish/blue sheet that says “INDIVIDUAL INCOME TAX STATEMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF CHINA” and has the official stamp. For some reason, it seems she kept the original and gave me back the copy. Not sure if that was a mistake.
  • Taiwan criminal record report. (100 NT at the police department right near the NIA office, for Taoyuan at least. This will take a few days to get back so don’t try to do it the same day you are applying.)
  • Employment certificate/contract w/official stamp. (must be an original, not a copy, issued within the last month.)
  • Most recent work permit (original for verification, they will keep the copy and give back the original.)
  • Current passport and ARC (originals for verification, they will keep the copy and give back the originals.)
  • 10,000 NT
  • 1 recent passport-sized photo affixed to the application form

I suggest calling to make an appointment. Depending on the office, this might not be necessary, but at the Taoyuan office there is only 1 lady who handles this and she happened to be off the first time I went in to apply.

They will verify that within the past 5 years you never left the country for more than 3 months at 1 time. If you haven’t, then you will not need a health examination certificate nor criminal record report from your home country.

I was told the process takes 1-2 months, so now I wait… :pray:

2 Likes

[quote=“Yang Gui Zi”]Filed for my APRC last week in Taoyuan and wanted to share my experience.

Required items:

• Application form
  • Previous year’s tax record (yes, 1 year was all I needed though I brought more just in case.) This is the greenish/blue sheet that says “INDIVIDUAL INCOME TAX STATEMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF CHINA” and has the official stamp. For some reason, it seems she kept the original and gave me back the copy. Not sure if that was a mistake.
  • Taiwan criminal record report. (100 NT at the police department right near the NIA office, for Taoyuan at least. This will take a few days to get back so don’t try to do it the same day you are applying.)
  • Employment certificate/contract w/official stamp. (must be an original, not a copy, issued within the last month.)
  • Most recent work permit (original for verification, they will keep the copy and give back the original.)
  • Current passport and ARC (originals for verification, they will keep the copy and give back the originals.)
  • 10,000 NT

I suggest calling to make an appointment. Depending on the office, this might not be necessary, but at the Taoyuan office there is only 1 lady who handles this and she happened to be off the first time I went in to apply.

They will verify that within the past 5 years you never left the country for more than 3 months at 1 time. If you haven’t, then you will not need a health examination certificate nor criminal record report from your home country.

I was told the process takes 1-2 months, so now I wait… :pray:[/quote]
Thanks for the information! Did they take/keep your current ARC card?

1 Like

No problem, happy to help! They did not take/keep my current ARC. I assume they will want it when (if?) I pick up my APRC.

No problem, happy to help! They did not take/keep my current ARC. I assume they will want it when (if?) I pick up my APRC.[/quote]
Great. Thanks again! :slight_smile:

No problem, happy to help! They did not take/keep my current ARC. I assume they will want it when (if?) I pick up my APRC.[/quote]
Great. Thanks again! :slight_smile:[/quote]

Also, since applying I’ve been in and out of the country a couple times on my current ARC (e-gate), so I assume this one will not cancel till either they issue the new one, or it reaches the expiry date.

[quote=“Yang Gui Zi”]Filed for my APRC last week in Taoyuan and wanted to share my experience.

Required items:

• Application form
  • 10,000 NT

I was told the process takes 1-2 months, so now I wait… :pray:[/quote]

Just posting a follow-up. Everything above was all I needed because I just received a letter via snail-mail (not sure why they didn’t just call me) saying I can go pick up my shiny new APRC! :discodance:

Congratulations! Welcome to the club!

Thanks, Icon!! Still a little bit of mixed feelings about it since I was born here and my mother is Taiwanese. Similar case as Tommy525 I believe. Missed the cut to use my mother’s Nationalist status by only a few years. :doh:

Thanks, Icon!! Still a little bit of mixed feelings about it since I was born here and my mother is Taiwanese. Similar case as Tommy525 I believe. Missed the cut to use my mother’s Nationalist status by only a few years. :doh:[/quote]
That seems so crazy to me…born here and one of your parents is a citizen, yet you aren’t. Anyway, congrats on the APRC!

Thanks, Icon!! Still a little bit of mixed feelings about it since I was born here and my mother is Taiwanese. Similar case as Tommy525 I believe. Missed the cut to use my mother’s Nationalist status by only a few years. :doh:[/quote]

Oh, that’s a real bummer. I have several friends in that boat, too. But at least, you have a foot in the door.

Thanks Steve4nLanguage!

On a side note… Icon, your new avatar eerily looks a bit like me and it keeps creeping me out when it pops up! :laughing:

[quote=“Yang Gui Zi”]Thanks Steve4nLanguage!

On a side note… Icon, your new avatar eerily looks a bit like me and it keeps creeping me out when it pops up! :laughing:[/quote]

You look like Takeshi Kaneshiro!!! :lovestruck:

[quote=“Icon”][quote=“Yang Gui Zi”]Thanks Steve4nLanguage!

On a side note… Icon, your new avatar eerily looks a bit like me and it keeps creeping me out when it pops up! :laughing:[/quote]

[/quote]

Well…maybe not quite Takeshi-handsome… But I do have a good concoction of EuroAsian blood. :wink:

[quote=“Yang Gui Zi”][quote=“Icon”][quote=“Yang Gui Zi”]Thanks Steve4nLanguage!

[/quote]

Well…maybe not quite Takeshi-handsome… But I do have a good concoction of EuroAsian blood. :wink:[/quote]

:lovestruck:
Faints

[quote=“Icon”] :lovestruck:
Faints[/quote]

Picked it up on Friday!! :discodance:

Totally forgot I applied for it at the end of No-Shave-November. Just saying…totally bearded. :wink:

[quote=“Yang Gui Zi”][quote=“Icon”] :lovestruck:
Faints[/quote]

Picked it up on Friday!! :discodance:

Totally forgot I applied for it at the end of No-Shave-November. Just saying…totally bearded. :wink:[/quote]

This guy comes to mind: