APRC, double jobs, food business

I suggested that and Tempogain deleted the post because it’s “encouraging someone to do something illegal”.

Might want to do this in pm.

Spouses of foreigner professionals on APRCs can do part time jobs, but they and their jobs need almost the same qualifications to get their own work permits. They are exempted from monthly minimum salary and qualifications of employers are also exempted, though.

You cannot be a police officer or a criminal :wink:

If I remember there’s a smaller number of possible jobs. And if they have qualifications and get a work permit and work enough hours, they just take the permit to NIA and they’ll update whatever they do, then the spouse isn’t a dependent anymore.

Dear all, thanks a lot for your replies, it really useful information for me and family. hope this post also useful for everyone who looking for answer of similar question.

My family are citizens but can the OP “hire” his wife and kids as unpaid slave labor in their little grocery store as my Taiwanese neighbors do. They just hang out in the corner like a makeshift living room. Customers come in they help. They also help clean and stock, it’s their home.

Taiwanese, sure. Foreigners, nope. Could they get away with it? Maybe. If the police comes checking, it’s deportation.

I’d give the police more credit for compation than that. Would they really bust up a family headed by an APARC holders. I just had images pop into my head of a cop asking a foreign depent child who was playing in her daddy’s store to hand him a soda because he was in too much of a hurry to wait for dad to come out of the back. Then the cop turns around and busts the child.
A home grocery store, I don’t think would hold up to the requirements of hiring a normal foreigner. Is there a special permit deal like students have allowing dependants of Aparc holders to work at menial jobs.
Sorry for pushing this past the OPs concerns.
I just want to get a full understanding.

Maybe somewhere there are lines between helping your family and working, and between helping your parents and child labor. I’m not sure whee is it, though.

I’m sure APRC dependants cannot be registered as employees without work permit.

It would not and there is not. I don’t think many foreigners are going to put their children to work, but the question is about the wife. If it’s a child, that would probably be a fine because they are the APRC holders responsibility. A dependent spouse has majority age and the choice to work or not.
Dependent spouses can hold some jobs with slightly fewer restrictions, but it’s still only jobs Taiwan deems it needs foreigners to do.

Not registered, but I don’t think many local businesses have their family members on the books as employees either. Of course they won’t be deported.