APRC: Financial reqs? Length of time for whole process?

Thanks to Rotalsnart’s helpful post, I now know that I’m eligible for an APRC–probably. The only thing I’m concerned about is the financial requirements. I can give them the past three years’ tax statements, no problem. They can have statements for six years if they want. But a couple of people have suggested that they also pay attention to monthly salary for the current year. Is that the case? If so, what documentation is required for this?

I really hope this isn’t necessary because I’m not sure whether my monthly salary this year averages over 35,000 or whatever it was. I had a long holiday and was also busy studying, so some months are fine and others are a bit below that level. Will the authorities want an explanation for that?

Also, how quickly are the authorities processing applications these days? How long could I expect the whole process to take, from start to finish? Could I speed things up by doing some things concurrently, for example getting my health check done while my CCRD stuff was being sorted out in the UK?

Thanks for any advice.

I wasn’t asked for my current years salary when I applied. I also noticed that they don’t care or even know if you have a month or two below the set limit. They just divide your yearly take by twelve and see if your average is over the magic number.

I found that all the paperwork that needs to be done in Taiwan can be done in a few days tops. What takes the longest is getting your CCRD and then getting it authenticated. I got this done in a few weeks even after I sent it to the wrong branch. My advice would be to get the CCRD, then get it authenticated, then do everything else. Some of the minor paperwork is only good for a month and if you do it before you get your CCRD authenticated you may have to do it again if there is a delay. Once you have your CCRD authenticated go get your health check and while your waiting the three to four days for the results everything else can be taken care of.

[quote=“thebayou”]I wasn’t asked for my current years salary when I applied. I also noticed that they don’t care or even know if you have a month or two below the set limit. They just divide your yearly take by twelve and see if your average is over the magic number.

I found that all the paperwork that needs to be done in Taiwan can be done in a few days tops. What takes the longest is getting your CCRD and then getting it authenticated. I got this done in a few weeks even after I sent it to the wrong branch. My advice would be to get the CCRD, then get it authenticated, then do everything else. Some of the minor paperwork is only good for a month and if you do it before you get your CCRD authenticated you may have to do it again if there is a delay. Once you have your CCRD authenticated go get your health check and while your waiting the three to four days for the results everything else can be taken care of.[/quote]Thanks for that. So the CCRD from the home country is the main thing that takes time. What a pity they won’t just accept a local CCRD for APRC applications, as they do with JFRV ones.

I just can tell that my APRC took about a month. I applied on June 19, according to APRC it was approved by July 14 and after paying 10.000 NT on July 21 I had it.
I started applying the CCRD 2 1/2 months before I was eligble to apply for APRC.