APRC - Plum Blossom Card

I think everyone should be able to but Taiwanese don’t or at least don’t care about it enough to make a decision. So maybe we can get there baby steps.

Also it’s not that easy, less than 1% of foreign residents hold a gold card.

Senior professionals recommended by the Ministry of Economic Affairs to apply for naturalization

Documents related to the letter of recommendation for senior professionals applying for naturalization in the field of education

There are a couple of links you provided.

Are these new developments? Why post these links now?

Guy

I actually just realised that one can get a plum blossom card by “Having invested at least thirty million NT dollars (NT$30,000,000) in Taiwan central government bonds for three years.” (You will get the money back I presume)

Does this mean one can simply flick 30 million over into government bonds for 3 years and get the plum blossom card? This seems too easy to me…

Also, doesn’t the plum blossom card allow you to naturalize without renouncing? This seems like a viable option for most people.

https://www.immigration.gov.tw/5475/5478/141465/141808/147308/

1 Like

Pretty sure most people don’t have a spare NT$30 million lying around.

10 Likes

Normal youngish people no. Retirees maybe? Might be a good option too if they want to spend their retirement in Taiwan

1 Like

Andrew Tate Tate GIF - Andrew Tate Tate You Are Broke - Discover & Share GIFs

6 Likes

He can only afford Romania… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Someone previously asked which country is best to buy a citizenship to renounce lol.

This gives you a much better option from what I see

1 Like

I may be wrong, but I seem to remember someone posting here previously that nobody has ever successfully used the NT$30 million investment in bonds route to get a plum blossom card.

as of january 2023, 22 people got plum blossom cards through investment. don’t know which of two investment roots they took, though.

9 Likes

It needs to be for 3 years. @tando is that 3 years before or is it you buy bonds that mature in three years? I presume the latter.

I went back to look for that old thread I was thinking of, but couldn’t find it. :man_shrugging:

It’s even mentioned in that particular thread (which, if you might not have noticed was started based on a sarcastic comment by myself in one of the naturalization threads. So it’s not that I would really seriously look for a citizenship to buy):

It’s a way to get a plum blossom card, but from memory investment based plum bossoms still need to renounce when naturalising. As they are not automatically high level professionals.

as of 2020, 21 people got the cards through the 1500 investment and 5 employment route. so, one person could got it by the 3000 investment route.

1 Like

And about that: It is assumed that there are around 60 million USD millionaires in the world. That’s less than one percent of the world population. And probably most of those won’t have a million in liquid cash lying around.

But maybe people who aren’t millionaires are just too stupid or too lazy or whatever. So I am sure it must be really easy to just pull oneself together, work really hard and then a million comes by really easy. :man_shrugging:

Sounds plausible, but the NT$30 million in bonds wasn’t mentioned specifically?

i don’t find any.

it seems you need to invest 100 million ntd in taiwan to buy NT$30 million bonds, if the regulation has not changed since 2019.

1 Like

The bonds have very low interest rates so you’re losing money in lost opportunity. At 7% annual returns you’re losing around 210k USD. You could buy some citizenships for 100k and use that as throwaway for acquiring Taiwan citizenship.

3 Likes