APRC - Plum Blossom Card

First off congrats!

May I ask which office (Taipei City? Somewhere else?) you were dealing with?

Guy

Thanks a lot!

About the absence:
Foreign special professionals => 5->3 yr (Gold Card) ARC => APRC (absence: 5 yr)

What length of time requalifies you? If I am on this aprc, leave for 4years 11 months, and then come back for a visit ? Do I have to stay for a minimum amount of time and possible put in work hours before I get another 5 years?

iiuc, once you enter with your APRC, the 5 yr clock is reset.

1 Like

I was told the same, even a day resets it.

1 Like

I see thanks for the info!

Are there any financial or property constraints?
Eg. Do I have to own property here to keep the aprc(if I leave Taiwan), apart from the time period? Or do I have to keep paying the government for something?

no, nothing. iiuc.

Would an entrepreneur visa be considered work based or investment? On the ARC it says investment

Iiuc

Years on entrepreneur visa are counted for 5 years to get APRC, if you are in Taiwan for more than 183 days a year. I’m not sure if you are considered as a foreign professional.

If Foreign Special Professional = Gold Card, does that mean Foreign Senior Professional = Plum Blossom Card?

Who is willing to apply for the PB Card and report back so we have an idea of the level of qualifications needed?

Correct :slight_smile:

1 Like

@fifieldt Thanks.

Read the thread. :grin:

Guy

1 Like

My bad! Didn’t realize the Plum Blossom program has been around so many years.

Do you happen to know if one has to be employed by a Taiwan company, or just possess the awards/skills/recognition as an entrepreneur in order to qualify? Thanks.

It’s the latter.

Read the thread! :rofl:

Guy

Ahh, I finally get it. Thanks @afterspivak!

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Gold card misc

According to the person I spoke to at the NIA, “10x more difficult than applying for dual citizenship through the HRO”. So difficult, in fact, they wouldn’t even accept my application.

1 Like

Just called the NIA, and was told the current requirement is 5 years of residency before applying for the Plum Blossom Card and I should wait until the new legislation takes effect when the requirement falls to 3 years. For some reason, I thought foreign senior professionals with outstanding accomplishments/professional skills in emerging industries & key technologies were exempt from the residency requirement.

I rad this website which is quite recent (dec 2020). In the table:

It says to maintain the aprc obtained via gold card, you have to be in Taiwan every year for 183 days min. (Can ask for exemption).

Is this info wrong? Or has this requirement been nullified ?