APRC Website

Hey there, anyone know the name of a website that describes not just the APRC process but how to maintain it once you get it? Wouldn’t like to go through that whole process, just to lose it for over-looking some minor law…
Thanks

[quote=“jamesmiller”]Hey there, anyone know the name of a website that describes not just the APRC process but how to maintain it once you get it? Wouldn’t like to go through that whole process, just to lose it for over-looking some minor law…
Thanks[/quote]Hi James, this is the fourth thread you’ve started on basically the same topic.
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … ht=#819872
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … ht=#856934
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … ht=#883897

In other threads you’ve participated in, people have given as clear information as possible about how the system works. If you want to be away for more than 183 days after that first year, you make an application. It sounds as if reasonable applications aren’t refused. And there’s at least one case of someone (Pinesay I think) applying successfully for a second period of exemption.

Ok, I guess there’s clarity in that no reply is good news! I know about the 183 day rule, just wanted to know about the first year, if its ok to spend that year out of Taiwan, since the APRC card states that the rule only applies from the “year following the year of issue”…
But thanks very much for noticing and responding to my on-goingly frustrated thread… the words “after that first year” in yr reply, answers my question…thanks

[quote=“jamesmiller”]Ok, I guess there’s clarity in that no reply is good news! I know about the 183 day rule, just wanted to know about the first year, if its ok to spend that year out of Taiwan, since the APRC card states that the rule only applies from the “year following the year of issue”…
But thanks very much for noticing and responding to my on-goingly frustrated thread… the words “after that first year” in yr reply, answers my question…thanks[/quote]Well, that’s the way I think most people read it. It certainly seems clear enough. But I guess the only way to be absolutely certain about that first year thing would be to ask an NIA official for written confirmation. That way at least if some officious person in future tried to cause trouble, you could wave the letter in their face.