Apu was (allegedly) KILLED!

I’m not really following this thread but “For no reason here’s Apu”

250px-For_No_Reason_Heres_Apu%5B1%5D

1 Like

this :point_up_2: also needs to be on some reddit or other chat forum on tv shows, specifically Simpsons

I edited the title because it’s just a rumor so far.

Oh please! :wall:

Hank%20Azaria

Or as someone pointed out when asked why they poke fun at Christians through the character of Flanders, “who would you rather have as your neighbor: Flanders or Homer?” :ponder:

Can I pick “neither”? Both would annoy for different reasons.

I’m guessing Russel Peters will need to be nixed to satisfy the PC SJW crowd. Oh that’s right, the PC police will give him a pass because he’s Indian, and it’s ok to joke about other nationalities because you are one yourself
Imagine a white comedian trying that.

Civilization is sick these days.

5 Likes

It’s funny then how he was ok with it for all those years before when society told him it was OK, now society tells him it’s not ok and he accepts that. This PC culture is a disease.
PC culture ironically is a vocal minority that uses shame techniques to promote compliance.

3 Likes

It does matter in the end if the show gets boycotted by many fans who disagree with their decision. Like when family guy tried to kill off Brian the dog they were flooded with complaints until they quickly reconsidered.

1 Like

typical leftists killing off what doesn’t fit with their ideology

4 Likes

Wait, what? Which minority group was offended by Brian?

1 Like

Actually they just killed him off in the story script and fans and media blasted them so Stewie time travelled back to bring him back.

There was a petition and some outrage but Brian was back an episode or two later. They’d obviously never really planned for it to be permanent. I think only South Park can get an episode written and animated in a week.

seriously what about groundskeeper willy? isn’t there a whole bunch of stereotype characters on the simpsons? why are some more ok than others?

and should we also ban mario for stereotyping Italians? i’m not a huge fan of apu but these complaints have no consistency.

4 Likes

Wrong! They are consistent in one way: if the portrayed minority is non-white, it’s racist. If the portrait minority is white, then all is game.

They make it seem as if white people can take it, while other ethnic groups need to be protected. It sounds a bit like white supremacy under the guise of political correctness, doesn’t it?

4 Likes

What makes colour or whiteness so special compared to other groups of individuals?

I wouldn’t know, we should ask someone who studied gender or women studies!

Get an Americanized Indian and send him to Language Class.
don’t american-born Asian actors sometimes have to get sent to a Language Coach to learn how to speak like immigrants?
This is ridiculous. I’m all for actors portraying anyone they’d like and I’m all for cultural appropriation. Apu was a good role model.

2 Likes

He really was. I learned a lot from him as a child.

Watching the “much apu about nothing” episode literally changed my view on how I saw immigrants as a child. I must have been 8-9 when that episode came out.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Seriously, the Scottish edit: Glaswegian government endorsed him.

That’s exactly what it is and what they are, but they themselves think they are the defenders of the "opressed helpless minorities "

1 Like