ARC + moving within Taiwan

the facts:
I and my husband live in Tanshui, Taipei County
Have student ARC
For an unknown reason, my husband is regristered in Taipei-City and his parents address. His parents however, who live in Taipei-City are regristered at our place of living (Tanshui).
Don’t understand this too, asked, but they refuse to give me any logical answer …

I applied for my student ARC before we got married, so I used his (our real) Tanshui address. At that time I even didn’t know he was regristered in Taipei-City.
Now -after wedding- by law I have to regrister at his family household-regristration.

My ARC is just 8 months old. Do I have to get a new one with this (faked) new Taipei-City address ??
Can I change the address on my current ARC ?? I just don’t want to waste any money here, because
after 12 months I have to pay anyway 1.000 NT$ for the second year again …

Is it ok NOT to do anything NOW at all ?? Just keep it and after 12 months apply for a new ARC with the
correct address ??

I know, I can apply for a Joining Family resident Visa after doing a visa-run, but starting from September this year my university gave me a 1 year scholarchip.
The Ministry of Education (MOE) states that ONLY students with a student Visa are eligable to receive it, ANY change of Visa-status will disqualify receiving it ??
As I personally known a foreign guy, which is married to a local taiwanese here, is been on that MOE list as well,
is it really true ??

If true, why they require a student-Visa status. Even married people are serious to learn chinese, why there is a difference ?? Having a work-visa sounds reasonable, because main purpose is indeed work …

You can change your address at the Hsimending police station, and it’s free and easy.
IIRC, you need your passport, and something that shows your new address.(phonebill)
You fill out a form there, they write the new address on the back of the ARC and stamp it.

You can change your address at the Hsimending (Ximending) police station, and it’s free and easy.
IIRC, you need your passport, and something that shows your new address.(phonebill)
You fill out a form there, they write the new address on the back of the ARC and stamp it.[/quote]Aren’t you supposed to do that at the Immigration office now? I thought the police weren’t handling any ARC-related stuff any more.

Woops…maybe you are?
I changed mine at the police station earlier this year.
Which reminds me…I still haven’t changed my drivers license. :blush:

Your ARC is supposed to show the address where you actually live. Your husband’s household registration is supposed to show the address where he actually lives. You’ll have to figure out which one is better to have wrong and which one right. However, keep in mind that you will not be added to the household registration. What happens for a foreign spouse is that a comment will be entered showing marriage to a foreigner. Being added this way does not legally mean that you are part of the household. Your legal address is registered through your ARC. If I were in your situation, I would keep your ARC address the same if that is where you actually live. If you ever get a JFRV ARC though, they determine proof of residency based on the citizen’s household registration, so at that point you would probably have to use the fake address. In any case, changing the address on your ARC is free.