ARC questions

I have just gotten myself into a bind. I have been here for two years, and have had an arc almost the entire time. Recently, I got dismissed from a non-teaching job that was giving me my ARC. I only plan on staying in Taiwan about four more months, and I was wondering if there is any way to change the ARC to a renewable visa without having to leave the country. It just cost so much to get that visa because I had to leave the country, that I really don’t want to leave until I am ready to. Any suggestions?