ARC renewal (checking of facts)

From past posts (see this thread: [forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … enewal+arc](Simple ARC renewal question? it seems the documents I’ll need to renew my ARC (through marriage) are the following:

1. Household registration.
  2. current ARC.
  3. Passport.
  4. Application form.
  5. Money ($3000NT / $1000NT per year)
    No health Health Check.

Is this info correct? And how much earlier than the expiration date should I get this done? Any common pitfalls in the renewal process? Thanks!

That’s all I needed. You can apply to renew starting 30 days before expiration. When I did it, it was surprisingly quick and painless.

(This should probably be in “Overseas Residency Rights” though.)

Thanks for verifying that. It seems there was some discussion in past threads about a certain visa office (Banciao, I think it was) giving only two years instead of three. Personally, I don’t see a problem because you’ll need another renewal either way to get to the all-important five year mark when a permanent visa is possible.

And I think you’re right about the other forum this should be in. I hope the webmaster moves this thread.

The deal at Banqiao is that everyone gets just one year for the first year of JFRV-based ARC. After that, brown-skinned people continue to get one year at a time but pink-skinned people get three years.

What about work-based renewal? My ARC is up in August, and I will have to inform HR about the renewal process soon.

It goes by the expiry date of your work permit. Most people get one-year contracts/work permits/ARCs, but its sometimes possible to get three-year contracts, I believe.

quote=“sandman”][quote=“Chewycorns”]What about work-based renewal? My ARC is up in August, and I will have to inform HR about the renewal process soon.[/quote]
It goes by the expiry date of your work permit. Most people get one-year contracts/work permits/ARCs, but its sometimes possible to get three-year contracts, I believe.[/quote]

Yip. Mine is a three year contract. Will expire in August. When the tell me their intention to renew my contract, do I need to bring the same above-mentioned documents to the FAP?

It goes by the expiry date of your work permit. Most people get one-year contracts/work permits/ARCs, but its sometimes possible to get three-year contracts, I believe.[/quote]

Yip. Mine is a three year contract. Will expire in August. When the tell me their intention to renew my contract, do I need to bring the same above-mentioned documents to the FAP?[/quote]
Passport*
ARC
Application form
Cash (1,000 per year)
Work permit*
Contract*

*Best to bring the original plus a copy, although the Banqiao boys are usually happy to do the copying for you.

Health check? Depends. Did you need to get one before?

After a phone call, I found out that someone can do the renewal for you. You have to prepare a power of attorney of sorts. I was told it could be in English, and could be very simple: “I, so and so with such and such ARC number, am unable to renew my ARC myself. I grant so and so permission…etc., etc.” I was told that if there are any deficiencies in the letter, they could be corrected by fax.

Well, I’m going to give it a try and will report here if everything does NOT go well. Hell, I’ll report either way.

I very informal power of attorney can be used for ARC renewal. I had my wife do the renewal for me. I don’t know if it would work for other people (coworker, friend, etc.). Anyway, another option for those that are busy as hell when the renewal period comes up.

Yes, the ARC application form has an agent section. This allows someone other than the ARC applicant to process and collect the ARC on the applicant’s behalf. You would need your signature, agent’s name and Taiwan ID number.

ML McLean R&V Group provides this service for busy foreigners who don’t or can’t take off work to do this.

I have to go through this wonderful renewal process.

I work in Taipei County, live in Taipei.(Muzha)

Where do I go to renew?

My boss seemed to think Banchiao.

If you live in Taipei City, you need to go to the Taipei City office (XiMen), not the Taipei County one… your boss must be confused.

[quote=“Josefus”]I have to go through this wonderful renewal process.

I work in Taipei County, live in Taipei.(Muzha)

Where do I go to renew?

My boss seemed to think Banqiao.[/quote]

Muzha is Taipei county … right?

Then it will be … surprise … Banchiao … :slight_smile:

Wrong. Taipei.

I went to Banciao and had no problems there.