ARC renewal processing time

I’ll need to renew my ARC in a few months but I’m currently overseas for the next 12 months. I was planning to do a quick visit and renew at the same time. Ideally I’d like to leave with the new ARC in hand. Online it says 10 business days for the new ARC, but I cant remember if that was the actual timeframe or if it was quicker last time a renewed. I’m hoping I can shorten the duration of my visit.
Does anyone know the actual ARC renewal processing time?

1 Like

10 Business days when I renewed mine back in February.

Perhaps you can ask for special exceptions and give them a foreign SASE, or cash, type thing for foreign mail? Seems like a stretch, but they have done so in past in a pinch depending on the reason for being abroad (sick family always helps your case here).

You can have someone else do it for you. They do have a form for this where you basically authorise someone to act on your behalf.

Do you have an ARC or APRC? If a work based ARC won’t you have difficulties being outside Taiwan for that duration?

Thanks that’s what I wanted to know

1 Like

I had considered having someone else do it but seems like I’d need to be there to authorize document anyways. Prefer not do burden someone else and I need to visit soon anyways.
It’s a family based ARC.

I will try this. If it doesn’t work I’ll have someone mail it to me abroad. Was worried about it getting lost in the mail, but it seems they will still let you enter without an ARC in the case that it’s lost.

Ya, they will. I have gotten back into Taiwan with lost/stolen visa. But I still had a passport for proof of ID.

I wouldn’t worry about postal services here. Register it. Other countries are hit and miss. But the factories making things like passports always mail them to people, it’s pretty standard. I. Worry far more in Canada about my passport being mailed from Quebec to bc than in Taiwan.

Yeah I’m just worried about the local mail in the US, very unreliable, not to mention stolen packages from people’s doorstep.

Just adding on to this. I currently have a paper TARC from TECO and want to exchange it for the card but am only in Taiwan for 5 business days, possible?