Are Canadian and American food different or are they made to look the same in Taiwan?

weather, harvest. think about it for a minute…

And so is US Pizza. Someone’s gotta draw the line somewhere.

1 Like

Although to be fair, the weather on Vancouver Island is more like Southern Oregon and Northern California than it is Boston or the Puritan settlements.

Only parents in Canada follow this tradition?

No. My point is, you’re going to follow the culture of your parents and upbringing.

There’s little expectation, if at all, to fit into a ‘national’ culture.

there is a lot of the rest of the country that grows more food and was settled earlier, but yes that one little corner of the country has nice weather. still makes sense to have thanksgiving for the entire country in october. also, why have a big celebration like that right before christmas?

arguably, children do as well. at least, the ones who eat…

if anything, quite the opposite

1 Like

Yes, Because growing up in Chicago I only ate Polish and Irish food. My mom never made hot dogs or hamburgers because they were not Irish or Polish enough. My Pakistani friend’s family only made food from their region of Pakistan at home. Greek friend’s family only made Greek food at home.

That’s not what I said. Read between the lines.

I once dated a Polish girl from Chicago. She sure loved keilbasa.

3 Likes

Lived in South Korea for quite awhile. I would say the vast majority of the Korean-Born Americans were vastly different from the ones of which speak of.

Speak English at home. Only have white friends.

Just saying everyone follows tradition is very shallow and ignores the fact that someone may have had an experience different from yours.

Again, that’s not what I said. You didn’t read between the lines. If you take it too literally, then you’re going to misunderstand.

do you know what ‘often’ means?

2 Likes

As if American immigrants never follow traditions? Only Canadians?

This is a topic about Canadian food and its relationship with US food as well as finding or making Canadian food in Taiwan.

If you wish to talk about US traditions, then feel free to open a topic about it.

nobody said this, you have taken offence at something in your imagination. please calm down

1 Like

Secondly in Canada…

That means Canadian food is different from American food because Canadian immigrants follow their parents traditions and Americans do not.

That was very explicit and patently false.

Sorry to hurt your argument.

US pizza is just less healthy pizza. Taiwanese beef noodles and danbing came to Taiwan with the KMT. Just more food from the old country, as you described with Canadian food.

That escalated quickly. :flushed:

2 Likes

And American Food Aid. All that US wheat allowed these kinds of noodles to be made. . . .

Guy

1 Like