Are Canadian and American food different or are they made to look the same in Taiwan?

Oh dear. Not a category in which I was eager to be above average. And I somehow manage that on the other side of the Pacific.

I’m still waiting for the beef to arrive in my beef noodle soups.

1 Like

That’s really just simply not something to want people to remember.

So gross. This trend combined with a love of industrial-tasting Tim Hortons makes me shake my head. I would rather eat unwashed buffalo taint sandwiches and koolaid than Kraft Mac and Cheese and a Timmies Double Double.

you mean prairie oyster sandwiches? because sadly we’re running out of options. hence the popularity of the pho restaurants!

My Canadian dinner guest knew how to do the baked potato smoosh. Cut down the middle and squish to make the potato poof, then add butter, sour cream, salt and pepper. Are baked potatoes a North American thing?

I grew up eating them, so I’d say yes

1 Like

This. Is. Hilarious.

Was it served in FOIL as well? :astonished: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

No way. I roast mine with olive oil and salt. Although I did grow up eating potatoes roasted in foil…

1 Like

This should be a point of pride. We are too mixed, thats not a bad thing actually. Unless you like “authentic” foods…but that whole snobbery can go F itself.

They’re a poor person thing from anywhere cold but that has forests to cut down. Whats your point ?!? I grew up with them as well. In fact i still prefer them over the ultra sweet roasted swert potatoes here. I can do salty starch, but not super sweet starch.

Just kidding. Of course NA is the only northern place with real forests for the next 30 years :wink:

1 Like

Distillery District - Wikipedia

Seems drinking zone for wine in Toronto.

Every zone is drinking zone in Toronto lmao

2 Likes

Canadian food is ice and maple syrup.

2 Likes

So anything from this city wide zone exported to Taiwan that we can try?

Almost nothing. Stores like to stock US goods because it’s an easy sell and the US and Japan are at the forefront of Taiwanese tastes.

2 Likes

A ‘baked’ potato is just a potato cooked in it’s own skin, in an oven. The inside is soft, and you can do magical things with it, like making mash.

1 Like

Oh yes you can.

and oh yes, you should!

1 Like

I thought we were calling food fusion cultural appropriation this year.

2 Likes

Screw that.

Gimme some of those maple syrup hamburgers! :grin:

Guy