Are Canadian and American food different or are they made to look the same in Taiwan?

Of course it’s all just opinion but if you check beer rating sites, most of the top beers rated beers are all from the new world. I love Belgian beer too and did a tour of beers through Belgium. My favorite is Omer which I can’t seem to find outside of Belgium.

That being said, with amount of variety out there, there are beers in the US and Canada that are just as good as Belgian beer.

Surely it just depends on what you like? I prefer the different micro- / craft breweries of North America - and my limited experiences with the ones here, although they’re rather difficult and/or expensive to sample out in Danshui. In general, I don’t enjoy Belgian beers all that much. I’m not saying one is good and the other bad - I just have my preferences.

I need to give this post a super like!!! I couldn’t agree more. :100:

2 Likes

I like them because of the centuries of tradition, especially the Trappist variants. And the high alcohol content. Also like the double fermented stuff. Yet to find a great Geuze in Canuckistan.
Gueuze - Wikipedia

Glad to hear it. I used to have supporters on this site such as Almas John, Purple People Eaters, TC, Comrade Stalin, etc. that enjoyed my Canadian commentary (but many detractors and mods that did not like my anti-Canadian slants).

I think AJ gave up the booze and was shocked (many years ago) that I become a free trade/cut the red tape government advisor in the Great White North. :laughing: :laughing: (thinking that I had apostated by having both public and private sector experiences.

a critical thinker would wonder about the flemish language sites, did you check those?

In defense of Canadian beers Hopbot is good, and sometimes available at Hi Life in Taiwan. I believe it’s made in B.C.

I said craft beers, the :tent: is wrong with you people?!?

Molson, labatt, kokabee etc are all monkey piss. Horse piss for you taiwanese. TERRIBLE beers on the level of coors, budweiser and Heineken. All shit.

I thought we were having a conversation, damn

So what you’re saying is, to answer this question:

The answer is a hard no, they cannot say that. Those lying canucks.

1 Like

Hi Life oddly enough has better beers than 7-11 much of the time. Hopbot was decent. They had some beers from Parallel 49.(Vancouver?) a couple months back that were good.

1 Like

HAAAARD NO!

Molson is monkey piss. Its like taiwan beer. Doesnt make you sick, but its water. It is also now American, not canadian. According to the wiki pageis flavored with notes of nazi, which is clearly demonstrated via its flavor haha.

1 Like

All I said is Canadian Beer sucks!

Hehe. NNothing personal my friend. But ithink you probably agree a per taiwans aavilable selections. They are overwhelmigly crap from your country. Its the same.for Canada and many places. that isnt to say each country doesnt have their amazing brands though. The easiest whiskey to find here from canada is canadian club…nuff said :frowning:

Winter ale, granville island brewery.

Hermans, vancouver island brewery.

There are thousands of amazing beers brewed in canada, and the world. i find western usa/canada to have a lot of amazing stuff. Far suprasing the relics of Europe. Only issue is regulation and lovistics, so that impedes export. Probably gonna trigger more euro fans, but its true…so tough cookies. Stone vrewery in usa is one we can get in taiwan that is quite nice…

I will take a taiwan beer over molson canadian, coors, kokanee etc anyday. Especially adolph coors run molson canadian hahaha. Yuck. That doesnt represent canadian beer in the same way mcdonalds in indonesia doesnt represent american cuisine…

1 Like

i quite like their english bay pale ale, not a hoppy indian pale ale but instead burnt and caramel (a great cold weather beer)

1 Like

I agree, many of their beers are very much suited for colder weather, not this 38 degree BS we have here right now. Everytime i go back to Canada we pack our suitcases around the maximum allowed beer quotas haha. Friends and family visiting also know to bring a six pack of anything nice :slight_smile:

i like a crisp lager in this weather; bar beer has become my cheap go-to, but i’ll get the sapporo/asahi from time to time

That’s where I totally disagree, you should come over sometime, we have a pretty good selection, about 130.

Sounds pretty Belgian that name.

1 Like

I tried a few Belgian exports in Canada and didn’t like them, I assume Belgian beer in Belgium is better.

I understand the Dutch don’t drink Hieneken, the Australians don’t drink Fosters, and the Swedes don’t drink Absolute. It is entirely possible that exports from Belgium to Taiwan are overwhelmingly crap but also that if we go over to Belgium the beer will be amazeballs.

Let us all agree that only the Americans could both export Budweiser and drink it domestically. What a terrible, terrible brew.