Are countries finally going to start pushing back against China?

Nothing will change until it’s done officially on paper. agreements like US China deal signed in the 80s are what governs their relations. I don’t see US tossing that out and establish formal relations with Taiwan.

These visits are just optics due to upcoming elections. For all we know, if Trump wins and Xi offers him an olive branch, the WH will praise China again like it did till 2019 and forget about Taiwan.

What the hell?

I wonder if she was an intelligence agent to start, or just a scammer used by Chinese intelligence, or if it makes much of a difference?

Remind me to never piss off Indians. They take it really seriously :joy:

1 Like

Except for the “protest”, her history seems to be that if a shady opportunist. Would PRC interests use someone so sloppy for their schenanigans?

1 Like

One of the reasons I don’t take protests at face value.

From Reuters today…

1 Like

Thanks to Chinas Luckin Coffee’s accounting practices

1 Like

With no concept/knowledge/experience/understanding/comprehension/appreciation/respect/reverence of the rule of law, the evolution of the CCP is purely a panda pandemonium dream/illusion/disillusionment. Inevitably, extinction???

Welcome!

1 Like

[quote=“mokkie, post:309, topic:191286, full:true”] Inevitably, extinction???
[/quote]
Yes.

Well, kind of.

Extirpation.

At least an attempt of. We give that effort many names over the course of history :frowning:

1 Like

China “All the past territories of China belongs to the PRC”

US “Ok, all the past debt of China also belongs to you”

3 Likes

Unfortunately, the smart kid that tries to outwit the bully usually just winds up with a faceful of fist.

That post would be good as a karen vs cat meme, though. :rofl:

“Sure. BTW, here’s the bill for imposition of extraterritoriality and unequal treaties.”
Or “As soon as we get the payment from Britain for narcoterrorism.”

No, the smart kid lands the first punch. That’s the difference between being smart and being a smartass.

The bully throws the first punch, but the smart kid lands the first punch.

1 Like

Predates CCP…how fun would it be if they turned to taiwan and said pay up…

UPS “bootlicks” Beijing.

1 Like

well they’re just following international norms. Why blame individual entities.

There used to be a thing called personal responsibility. Also known as moral courage.

We bring up children to follow norms, and the norms are designed to keep children in line. But the point of children is they’re supposed to grow up.

2 Likes