Are millennials more open-minded to LGBTQ dating?

I’m well over thirty and I’m not really the “settle down” type of guy. With the popularity of many dating apps and sites these days, it has made it easier for me to schedule dates and meet new people. As a member of the LGBTQ community, one of the largest hurdles I had when I was younger was having a safe environment for dating where it was acceptable to be with people of the same gender without any judgments.

Now that I’m older, I noticed that majority of the population on these dating sites and apps are mostly younger people from the millennial age group. Is it just me or are the younger generations more open and accepting of non-traditional relationships? The increase in tolerance is definitely a good sign, though I wish the older generations would see things through our eyes too.

3 posts were split to a new topic: What is LGBTQ?

I feel like we are kinda forced to or shut up. I don’t feel like many people are against it. But if you mean by not open minded as they might value a traditional family unit, i think many are probably still “close minded” from your perspective. But most don’t care about what other people do with their life.

As a member of the rather dull, middle-aged, heterosexual community I would hazard a guess that young people are more adventurous than I.

Good luck to them. Have fun when you’re young.

1 Like

I’m confused.
So what if young generation is more tolerant and open-minded? What does it have to do with sex orientation/preference? It’s not like a heterosexual is going to make out with the same sex because he/she is being tolerant and friendly. It just means he/she is a nice person.

https://youtu.be/rPmVfn10EJI

Well some have taken issue with heterosexual men and women that don’t date trans men or women these days.

Should a trans person reveal they are trans to someone. Some advocate they don’t have to at all.

Most millennials are too busy with their life and don’t care about other people’s personal choices unless it directly affects them.

i wonder what setting up match preferences is for :thinking:

it’s like saying we have to lower the bar for trans community because we know they can’t have honesty in a relationship. it’ won’t do them any good.

I guess you mean Taiwanese millennial, and I agree.
they’re mostly tolerant and only get irritated by LGBT individuals who wouldn’t stop asking them out or approaching them in provocative ways.

LGBTQ…Whats the Q?

the answer to your question was split because its Off topic.

I see it…Queer