Are posts being deleted?

It must have been two weeks old - no mod or admin deleted it - I did an extensive search of the past two weeks (Did you know that ALL mod/admin actions are logged? - Big Brother indeed!) I believe that the post in question must have expired of natural causes…[/quote]

OK, I believe you Maoman. I just wish SatelliteTV had gotten a chance to see it before it died. At least he could have said goodbye. So, it was two weeks old? Wow, time goes by so quickly when your having fun!

I’ve read and considered all the replies on this thread, and still think that the Open Forum is the place for discussion and the Flounder Forum for chit chat. I also still think that having a post moved to the Flounder Forum is not a big deal. This doesn’t mean that I ‘don’t care’ about the site, and the way it is organised, or about the opinions of other users. Neither does it mean that I put little thought into what is floundered and what isn’t. I have considered it carefully, and always read feedback threads such as this one. Having thought about this, I don’t think it at all necessary to spend alot of time condiering each and every post. Snap decisions are good.

In brief, it’s not about censorship, but about keeping the site organised into forums to make it easier for everyone to use. Of course the fact that posts in the Flounder Forum expire after 2 weeks of inactivity mean that some people equate it with deleting the posts. I disagree. They are there for anyone to read for at least two weeks. If a thread then expires, it means noone was interested in it for two weeks. That is hardly equivalent to deleting it. Furthermore, if posts in the Flounder Forum are of a ligth chatty nature, then hopefully no important infoprmation or discussion will be lost. If there’s somethign particularly humorous you want to keep, you could always copy it.

I have thought that sometimes floundered threads could evolve into a very informative discussion, and I wouldn’t know about it, becuase I’m not reading it anymore. Well, coincidentally all moderator’s have now been given moderating rights to the Flounder Forum, so if this happens, please PM me, and I will be able to move a thread back to the Open Forum, if this is the best place for it to go.

Thanks for the feedback,
Brian

[quote=“Erhu”][quote=“Satellite TV”][quote=“Erhu”][quote=“Satellite TV”]

Some of mine have been totally deleted, or had the pics removed. Some others which commented on that fact that my pics made them laugh have also gone… not floundered, just… deleted…[/quote]

Ummm, are you talking about these comments?
http://forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=35692

They are in the flounder forum. :wink:
Erhu[/quote]

I clicked on your link and got this…

The topic or post you requested does not exist [/quote]

What the hell?? The thread entitled “funny/disturbing off topic pic” was in flounder just last night when I made the post and now it’s vanished. I don’t think it was 2 weeks old yet. How did it just disappear? [/quote]

That my dear, is the question we have for you… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

If it’s funny ( albeit I agree some my find it disturbing ) why not just leave it in that thread? it was certainly relevant and not off topic imho…

Actually I would say that it was a very apt piccy

It twasnt natural… it was murdered, and they’ll be no murdering around here… :noway: :noway:

Can’t have been two weeks old, the pic was only removed no more than 3 or 4 days ago…

Maybe I should put it ( the pic ) back again… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

[quote=“Satellite TV”]
If it’s funny ( albeit I agree some my find it disturbing ) why not just leave it in that thread? it was certainly relevant and not off topic imho…

Actually I would say that it was a very apt piccy[/quote]

Come on Satellite, the discussion was about a guy in Taiwan who is being stalked by a psycho (his words) xiaojie and is looking for advice on how to handle the situation. The pic you posted was a fat, naked guy hanging out at a computer. You really think that that is on topic? That pic was more like a warning about developing a relationship with someone over the internet. It was leading the discussion astray. Every post after you posted that pic was merely a comment on the photo with no reference to the topic at hand, i.e. what to do if you are being stalked in Taiwan.

Actually, I think the pic belongs in the Forumosa Friends thread. :wink:

Or the “Would You Eat This? or Meat Without Cruelty” thread.

It makes no difference when it was removed - it’s how long it’s gone without a reply. Once you remove a 2 week old post from its current replies and send it to flounder, it expires as soon as the software detects it.

As far as your picture’s relevance to the thread, please defer to the moderators’ judgement - they are entitled to run things the way they see fit.

Also, keep in mind that these are discussion forums, and while it’s idiomatic to say a picture is worth a thousand words, the picture of the fat naked dude at the computer was considerably less complex. :wink: