Are there more women than men in Taiwan?

Perhaps. I’ll edit my posts then.

1 Like

Yep… that’s how “otaku” is normally used.

1 Like

With the cost of living in Taipei and environ, most families would need two incomes to have children. Also, more men than women drive (for their job or as mode of transportation) . That’s why you see more women on public transit.

1 Like

Women in Taiwan work. I remember reading the statistics years and years ago of women in the workforce at something like 80% (of the female working age population).

The Interwebz is exposing it for what it is. Although the pendulum for accepted mediocrity seems to swing quite deeply on either side these days. Popularity should never substitute actual ability/skill.

There are more women than men in most countries, mainly because women live longer on average.

When both men and women work, women are still expected to cook, raise children, and do most of the housework, and you wonder why they don’t want to get married?!

4 Likes

My own personal theory is the men made them this way. Taiwanese guys seem to enjoy acting like either a ‘big man’ by paying for everything (even though they still live at home with mumsy and pay no rent) or just a straight up kinky slave. I’ve literally seen a guy take his gf by scooter to the MRT station, then take off her wet socks and put on new ones, in front of everyone.

You can probably chalk these up to more traditional gender roles that exist here compared to the west. But i also think the modern world has skewed things and makes these gender roles so they don’t work as they should anymore. Such as with the women who can’t even cook or take care of themselves on a basic level, or the previously mentioned sock fetish humiliation guy.

I think the pampering of kids from parents (a more recent thing) doesn’t help much either.

He’s a keeper.

9 Likes

Several of my wife’s friends are single in their mid to late 30s, and still living with their parents. At least two are virgins and have never had a boyfriend. From meeting them and wife gossip, it seems to be due to a combination of the following two reasons:

• They have high standards and demand a top-tier guy with a high salary, despite themselves being average in looks and personality (no hobbies except shopping and using their phones).
  • They don’t do anything to meet potential partners; they expect a man to come out of the blue and ask them to get married.

I think some of this comes from parental pressure; they’ve been told their whole lives not to compromise and settle for Mr. Average. Also living at home enables these women to live carefree lives where they don’t feel lonely, negating the need to look for a partner.

5 Likes

Smart parents. They’ve secured their ass-wiper for when they get old. Beats a care home.

5 Likes

I know a guy who recently got married. Mid 30s? Perhaps a bit later. Dated his wife since they finished college but just now getting married because she thought it would be better to wait until he had earned enough money to buy a house but, considering the standard that she demanded, the best he could do was to save enough to put down a 30-year mortgage on an apartment that sounds incredible.

Both of them appear domestically worthless. Neither have entirely moved out of their parents’ places and the guy says that he feels bad because he needs to have his mother come over to show him how to do everything. He finally learned how to wash clothes but she still takes her laundry home because she doesn’t like the way that he does it. Neither can cook though he finally tried the stove after half a year in the house and found out it was broken - didn’t know that it operated on gas until his mother came over and turned it on.

I sort of hope they don’t figure out how to have kids.

13 Likes

But with the added benefit of not having the same for themselves when they get older.

Probably going to be an explosion of nursing homes popping up in Taiwan since that job was traditionally taken care of in family when large families were a thing

Hopefully he doesn’t need his mother to show him how to do that too :smiling_face::smiling_face:

1 Like

But white foreigners seem to pick up girlfriends easily. Do they really have the mistaken assumption that all white foreigners are rich?

No, it’s white men ask. White men are interesting. They have hobbies and interests that breed interest in the person. Then they are able to communicate their passion for their hobbies and interests.

They don’t give one word replies. They are are interesting people. I’ve found it’s less about skin colour and more about how the person is actually interesting.

That’s why I believe you see so often and white man who would be average being with a Asian women who is stunning. But I could be wrong.

Why asked what they like white men don’t give a silly answer like sleeping, eating, playing video games then looking at the person intensely.

The lesson is, be interesting to attract interest.

1 Like

I have lots of interest. Woodworking, guitar making, machining, tinkering, etc.

It does not interest any woman. If anything it drives them away.

1 Like

First stop being so hard on yourself.

Second try and listen to how much passion you express when you are taking to them about your interests.

Third do you ask them about their passions and listen actively.

Women want the same thing as you. Ask them if then want. Don’t be shy.

It’s all about being a good listener.

It’s scientifically proven that single men live longer

Why get married if you don’t find the one

With the anti foreigner policies in Taiwan, you have to put the house and everything under your wife’s name. If she wants a divorce, she keeps the kids and everything else. Your marriage ARC expires right away and you are booted out of the country.

Not worth the stress! I’d rather live 10 years longer

2 Likes