Are there more women than men in Taiwan?

I think it’s a combination of things.

Whites are assumed to be rich, so that’s +10 right there.

Of course having interest is important, but I bet if a girl had to choose between an asian with interest or a white with interest, they will choose the white guys.

And money too. I heard stories where girls will check your bank and job details to see if you are rich enough for her. Almost like a job interview.

All that so I can date a boring Taiwanese girl? Forget it. Most Western women are 10 times more interesting than a Taiwanese woman, have actual hobbies rather than just watching BS Taiwanese shows. But western women are also extremely picky and there aren’t many in Taiwan who didn’t come with their husbands. That and the Taiwanese woman will likely financially dominate me, requiring me to put everything in her name (I’m ROC citizen so there’s no need) and give her all my wages, and that she will obey her parents to the letter.

I think this is also another reason why more and more Taiwanese are preferring Vietnamese women than Taiwanese.

And there are not many white foreigner gay men in Taiwan either.

1 Like

No they don’t.

4 Likes

Just google do single men live longer

I just did.

1 Like

Okay I guess I was wrong, the results seemed different earlier

1 Like

No worries. These studies often contradict each other anyway. I think the generally accepted view is married men live slightly longer than single men, while single women live slightly longer than married women. Makes logical sense.

1 Like

I’m not sure about the right away part.
And if you have kids you can apply to stay.

Honestly if I wanted a partner in Taiwan, I’m stuck between finding a unicorn western woman, or a unicorn gay foreigner.

Otherwise it’s either Taiwanese woman, and I’d have to learn to like them (and deal with all the BS culture, assuming I have enough income to satisfy them), or one night stand with gay Taiwanese men (they are not good relationship material).

Look on the bright side, you’ve got a much bigger target market than most guys.

3 Likes

Damn, you must seriously be unattractive to not find women here. And it’s easy enough to find rich girls too, if you’re well of as well, marriage with them is fine too.
Must say that Taiwan seems a bit harder than China concerning finding rich girls who are attractive.

Just learn decent Chinese, show interest in her life, and find people on a similar level.

And don’t look on tinder and Co. Speak to girls during social activities.

It’s actually easy to find a girl here to finance your life, not the other way around.

3 Likes

I’ve never tried to find a girl or boy to date in Taiwan, but from what I’ve seen, personality affects a lot to find someone to date.

For marriage, finance sees to become more important.

I’ve heard there’s educational videos available on the Interwebz these days. Maybe they should try watching them together but separate rooms while live chatting on Line could still be an option.

Dude, listen to yourself. Each one of those points is an excuse. Get busy living.

I assure you this is not consistently the case.

Guy

2 Likes

Compared to the Taiwanese guys I meet. They are. Even the most boring dull white is more interesting.

Foreigners can be interesting to locals just by the fact that they are from other countries and experienced something different. And white people in Taiwan are most probably foreigners or with immediate family from abroad.

I previously posted about a date like that before. Asked me about my financials and job on the first date. She was also flightly, I’d be chatting with her online and she’d just ghost. Reappear hours or days later randomly. I figured she wasn’t interested and didn’t reply further. She was just feeling family pressure to get married but still appeared to desire the single life

1 Like

Selection bias.

Foreigners who have chosen to move to Asia are likely to be outgoing and adventurous. There are plenty of boring white men, but they’re still in their home countries.

Also foreigners who live in Taiwan are likely to be richer than the average Taiwanese man, because it’s a requirement to earn more than average to get an ARC.

2 Likes

Then how is it that southeast Asian workers are poor as a mouse? Do they somehow fudge the income requirement?

different income requirements for different kinds of jobs.