Are there more women than men in Taiwan?

So can a white foreigner from the US apply for those kind of jobs if they have no degree?

Free up your mind like Sulu in this video, and break free

2 Likes

No they cannot. The blue collar workers are recruited as migrant workers from a handful of selected countries only.

Guy

You may have dated a friend of mine.

Attractive. Good job. Iā€™m fairly sure she has a good deal of cash tucked away. Under huge family pressure to get married though says that itā€™s hard to find a guy.

She has told me that she requests a ā€˜statement of being singleā€™ and wants to see income statements for the past three months before she goes on a date with a guy.

Our most recent conversation about this kind of thing.

ā€œHave you ever thought that asking that kind of thing prevents you from meeting guys?ā€

ā€œNo, why?ā€

7 Likes

Have you guys any experience with hibakusha?
If so, has the same treatment been applied to those that lived in the Fukushima exclusion zone?

practically so, but is it legally restricted to be from several countries? There was an American on a blue collar ARC last year.

But would the American be as subservient as the SEA worker? Why hire him or her?

Yes. Why? Idk

Because those workers are asked to do dangerous things without proper safety equipment.

You really think Americans would be so eager to comply?

Sticky balls are dangerous. Are we provided with eye protection?

1 Like

I had to reread that before I got the joke. Not the first sticky balls that came to mind.

1 Like

Just curious - how many Taiwanese women have you dated?

If Taiwanese women did prefer western men everything else being equal, could it be because western men are not burdened by the gender roles expected by the Taiwanese society?

1 Like

Thatā€™s definitely possible. Iā€™ve seen lots of Taiwanese women in awe of men that do the housework, laudry and cooking. If asked, they jump husbands for sure, lol.

Ive had better luck in the states, but never in a formal relationship.

I dont care about gender roles.

I am so fed up of dating the same types of Taiwanese women

In their 30s and still lives with their parents

No savings of any kind. Spends it all.

Doesnā€™t know how to cook, their parents cook for them

No interests outside of work except Netflix, shopping, looking at their phone

Doesnā€™t take initiative and expects a rich handsome guy to pursue them

I feel these type of women should be given a name

If you find an independent Taiwanese girl that lives alone, marry her!

2 Likes

I know several, but they are lesbians.
philosoraptor

2 Likes

Yea I just donā€™t play their game. You never win and theyā€™re in it for themselves, not you. At least gay guys can go to a sauna and have one night stands. Donā€™t know if lesbians do the same.

When dating, any time you constantly meet people who donā€™t align with what youā€™re looking for, you should consider the possibility that you have a role to play in your misfortune.

For example, if you prioritize superficial characteristics, donā€™t be surprised to meet people who do the same.

5 Likes

Are you sure itā€™s your interests? And, I thought you preferred men. No?

I bet many Taiwanese women prefer Taiwanese men with whom they share the same culture, language and close values.

3 Likes