Are you a Formula One fan?

I understand the advancements in technology that F1 provides. The link between what formula one engineers and road car engineers are able to achieve does have a positive effect. The technology that comes from racing will benefit us all.

But, the scattered race venues, transportation of teams, wind tunnel testing, and the supply chain in itself all add up to a huge emissions cost.

I would gladly support the sponsors of F1 once the whole organization becomes more streamlined. Any attempts to make F1 “profligacy and wastefulness” will be met with hesitation to support the F1 sponsors.

Bernie Ecclestone stands by Formula 1 ‘fake rain’ plans BBC:
[button]future of F1?,http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9432232.stm[/button]

What are the advantages and disadvantages of F1?

Bunch of posh nancy-boys riding around a foreign track, in a completely unfair contest. Maybe if the cars were a little more even it’d be a bit better, but the fan boys love their constructor’s title as well so throw that idea out the window.

Its not going anywhere, all sports take a toll on the environment, not fair to single these poofs out, we all need our distractions, and besides who’s gonna tell all the billionaires lining up to whip their cocks out in the pissing contest that they are no longer allowed to play vroom vroom?

I love technological race aspect of F1. Why not let the big auto corps compete and see what they come out with? This is how competition works in real life.
There are plenty of other sports which are heavily regulated (constrained) and forcing F1 to become one of them will make it loose its unique identity (fan show being one of them)

BTW environmental concerns are all PR BS. The environmental benefits which can be achieved by regulating commercial markets (car market regulations, carbon tax) are much bigger - but guess what? Politicians know that people are not willing to pay for it.

Regarding fake rain: I can go with it. We are all gone get better rain tires thanks to that and it will make race more “interesting” - more crashes = more drama.

I have been watching F1 for years and I know how some people feel about F1, but I still love it. I thought last year was a great battle for the championship as well. There were 4 drivers competing for it towards the end. Also, I am a huge Vettel fan, and look at him. He is so successful and he will have a long and prosperous career if he keeps doing what he is doing and doesn’t get hurt. F1 is great. I don’t care so much about all the politics and how it could be better. I am a simple guy, who loves racing. So it is great for me!

I do wish Bernie Ecclestone would leave F1. He is a nut!!

testing testing
sorry just testing

I stopped farting to balance the emission that my Porsche puts up in the air.

Like the races but could do without politics in it.

Seriously, someone is close to starting a thread about "How many times do you fart when pedaling your bicycle? and should you stop because it is bad for the environment? "
Ha ha ha

[quote=“iix23”] "How many times do you fart when pedaling your bicycle? and should you stop because it is bad for the environment? "
Ha ha ha[/quote]

I better start walking then
 crap

english.gazzetta.it/Motor_sports 
 3968.shtml

KERS is coming back. Efficient, lightweight regenerative braking system is a feature which has a potential give real environmental benefits
when applied to urban driving conditions no matter what you powertrain is (internal combustion, electrical or hybrid)

In racing it rises peak power available to driver. I would like to see the KERS peak power limits relaxed/removed to rise the stakes
and increase overtaking opportunities (perhaps with limitations put on engine power to keep things safe)
Of course it will provide benefit to teams with the best technology but it will eventually trickle down.

BTW “posh nancy-boys” is myth. Look at biographies of South American drivers: Senna, Barichello
Michael Schumacher father took second job to help supporting his early career.

Despite all the glamor it is a hard work from early age and a talent which gets you to the top.

I’ll start watching again if they implement the earlier suggestion that the winner of the last race starts last in the next race, and whoever was last starts first. More overtaking would make it worthwhile to watch. It’ll get rid of the boring first rounds at the event where they race against the clock as well.

Love F1. But i hate the Chinese coverage on TV, i dont follow it that well. I miss Martin Brundle’s commentary. :discodance: :discodance: So i try to go to the live races and see for myself

If your TV isn’t a dinosaur, then did you know you can change that? There should be a button on your remote that will change the language to English for Star Sports and ESPN. For my remote, these are the characters for changing the language (立體雙èȘž.) I don’t know where you live, and have heard not all counties do it, but I get it in Taoyuan/Chongli. I just bought a new TV, and now watching sports in English is sooooooooooooooo much better!!

If your TV isn’t a dinosaur, then did you know you can change that? There should be a button on your remote that will change the language to English for Star Sports and ESPN. For my remote, these are the characters for changing the language (立體雙èȘž.) I don’t know where you live, and have heard not all counties do it, but I get it in Taoyuan/Chongli. I just bought a new TV, and now watching sports in English is sooooooooooooooo much better!![/quote]

Damned and took all this time to learn Chinese. Could have told me 7 years ago. Ha ha ha

If your TV isn’t a dinosaur, then did you know you can change that? There should be a button on your remote that will change the language to English for Star Sports and ESPN. For my remote, these are the characters for changing the language (立體雙èȘž.) I don’t know where you live, and have heard not all counties do it, but I get it in Taoyuan/Chongli. I just bought a new TV, and now watching sports in English is sooooooooooooooo much better!![/quote]

Damned and took all this time to learn Chinese. Could have told me 7 years ago. Ha ha ha[/quote]

? really? the solution is THAT simple? I will go and study my remote control tonight.

[quote=“lumka1”]

? really? the solution is THAT simple? I will go and study my remote control tonight.[/quote]

It’s really that simple. It makes sports a million times better once you find that button or buy a new TV. :slight_smile:

[quote=“rk1951”][quote=“lumka1”]

? really? the solution is THAT simple? I will go and study my remote control tonight.[/quote]

It’s really that simple. It makes sports a million times better once you find that button or buy a new TV. :)[/quote]

Or you just watch it on BBC ONE HD like the rest of us here in Taiwan.

img819.imageshack.us/img819/484/bbconehd.jpg

No.

Are you kidding?

I drive a Skywing in Taiwan. I don’t need no F-eeeng F1 for excitement.

Amazing footage. Current drivers should drive in those cars and see who wins. Much more overtaking in Monaco this way. :slight_smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCv-dIFGcd0

2 Likes