Are you looking for a financial consultant at bank in Taiwan

[color=#FF0000]Moderator’s note: I split a lot of discussion from this thread into a new one - here.[/color]

Hi, my name is Richie Chen, some of o you may know me from the past when I used to provide Chinese lessons to foreigners.
I understand that most of you come from different part of the world, and love working/living here. Normally it’s quite easy to get around, living in Taiwan with not much communicating problems. However, regarding to your financial service needs, it requires much higher communicating ability, trust, and professional skills. Unfortunately, in Taiwan, it’s quite rare.
I am currently working in HSBC (Hong Kong Shanghai Bank Corp.) as the Premier Account Relationship Manager. If you have any banking/investment related needs, you are welcomed to give me a quick ring for discussion. (U.S law restricts U.S citizen to initiate investment activity in Taiwan)

My personal background:

1. Interviewed by renowned Taiwanese Magazine (Money Magazine/ Smart Magazine)
  2. Interviewed by Radio Taiwan International & BCC (Broadcasting Corp. of China)
  3. Investment Columnist on funddj.com
  4. Mutual Fund Investment contest champion hosted by Commercial Times
  5. Author of best seller- “Mutual Fund Barbarian- Real World Investment”
  6. HSBC Premier Relationship Manager

my email: richie.a.c.chen@hsbc.com.tw

how can I get my paypal account linked with my taiwan bank account?

Good question! I am interested in this too.

I am using Bank of America and would much rather use E-Sun bank here in Taichung.

My problem is, I cannot get a credit/debit card through E-Sun.

[quote=“RichieChen”]My personal background:

1. Author of best seller- “Mutual Fund Barbarian- Real World Investment” [/quote]

Hi Richie,

Can you tell me where I can get a copy of your best selling book? Strangely, a google search for “Mutual Fund Barbarian” turns up just one result – your above post.

Good question! I am interested in this too.

I am using Bank of America and would much rather use E-Sun bank here in Taichung.

My problem is, I cannot get a credit/debit card through E-Sun.[/quote]

I assume you mean a BOA card from back home, not here, as BOA has no retail presence in Taiwan now.

My Paypal is linked to (i.e., can charge) my ANZ (Taibei) Visa card, which was issued to me originally by Bank of America Taibei retail branch, which became ABN-Amro, which then became RBS, then ANZ. I have not tried to link up to withdraw cash because I buy much more online than people send to me.

You’re correct in your assumption.

This is why I am curious about Paypal here.

Currently my Paypal has my Taiwanese address with my card. I would like to switch cards.

There doesn’t seem to be much consulting going on from the consultant here.

Maybe he is consulting with his other consultants?

I wouldn’t expect any. :slight_smile:
How many people are providing services on Forumosa as compared to advertising services here?

And, anyway, if i had any issue with serious implications concerning financial matters (i mean, not questions like “where can i open a bank account or get a credit card without an ARC?”) , i don’t think i’d lay them out here on Forumosa, for all (including, thanks to Google, the IRS - in the case of US citizens) to see. :noway:

Well personally I have never advertised my business on Forumosa and give a lot of free advice. I think it’s fair to expect that if people want to leverage the forum to market their business they should also contribute something.

Fair enough. :bravo:

Contribution: While FRCP Rule 14(a)(3) appears to permit a plaintiff to amend its complaint at any time, without requesting consent from the court, in order to assert against the third-party defendant any claims arising out of the transaction that is the subject matter of the principle action, it’s not clear whether a time limitation may arise where the third-party defendant has been named in the action but has not yet been served with process. There’s a dearth, or perhaps total absence, of relevant case law or other authorities on point, so prudence would dictate amending early to avoid a possible bar due to laches or other equitable grounds.

Schpiel: Anyone looking for fair to middling legal advice at below-market rates, feel free to let me know.

Fair enough. :bravo:

Contribution: While FRCP Rule 14(a)(3) appears to permit a plaintiff to amend its complaint at any time, without requesting consent from the court, in order to assert against the third-party defendant any claims arising out of the transaction that is the subject matter of the principle action, it’s not clear whether a time limitation may arise where the third-party defendant has been named in the action but has not yet been served with process. There’s a dearth, or perhaps total absence, of relevant case law or other authorities on point, so prudence would dictate amending early to avoid a possible bar due to laches or other equitable grounds.

Schpiel: Anyone looking for fair to middling legal advice at below-market rates, feel free to let me know.[/quote]
You’re just miffed because unlike Illary, you don’t have any useful advice to given anyone here. :raspberry:

Fair enough. I certainly don’t object at all to your perspective.

But let’s look again at what he wrote: “I am currently working in HSBC (Hong Kong Shanghai Bank Corp.) as the Premier Account Relationship Manager. If you have any banking/investment related needs, you are welcomed to give me a quick ring for discussion.”

I don’t think anybody calling him would be charged, so you could imagine some contributing going on along those lines. But, much more importantly, getting free investment advice from people working for at a bank is quite different from getting free advice from lawyers or physicians: in the former situation there would (ideally) arise some direct - material - benefit for the advice giving persons’ employers and thus for themselves, but this need not be the case for the other two groups. IOW, it can’t be helped that a banker’s advice has in many, perhaps most, cases a much higher “advertisement component” than the advice one might get from certain other professionals. Therefore i think it’s smart not to expect the same from a banker as one would expect from a lawyer or physician (or computer/IT techie, or social/political activitst, for that matter).

And that was the long version of my “I wouldn’t expect any” remark… :slight_smile: