Aristotle

HAHAHAHAHA! :laughing: :notworthy: :stuck_out_tongue:

I am rollin on end. LOL

Yea Aristotle and B-S are having some trouble over at this place.

englishschoolwatch.org/index.shtml

A lot of posters there think they are one and the same. Haha.

Funnyā€¦

Poor guy, letā€™s be nice to him. He must be delusional.

kinda intriguing how so many people on this thread are tealit surviviors. kinda like an alumni meeting(canā€™t help but wonder how many transfer their justified tealit animosity unto ā€œprominentā€ tealit commentators. back when tealit was useful, it was a good tool. the old hands there were able to help clueless wannabe newbies (such as ImaniOU) adapt to coming. I find it a bit galling now that the same people who benefitted from the advice of the old hands are now so quick to dismiss them.

folks who come over here and settle down quickly join different camps. some marry into a school and the system. others stay free. oneā€™s perception of teaching in taiwan depends on oneā€™s niche in the system. forumosa, the best site regarding our shared purpose, is a wonderful resource but has little tolerance regarding discussions of ā€œillegalā€ teaching. generally writing, threads mentioning ā€œillegalā€ teaching are quickly locked or are ridiculed to the point of absurdity.

given the state of english teaching today in taiwan, where a not small portion of us are indeed employed/utilized outside the letter of the law it is good that alternative resources/sites exist outside the arteries of information. englishschoolwatch.org is now in late term tealititis: deletions and ā€œadjustmentsā€ of submitted postings are rife.

dismissing ā€œrebelā€ vets out of hand in front of todayā€™s newbies does a disservice to the english teaching community. both BS and Aristotle have years of hard earned experience behind them. Just abbout any mistake a newbie can make has been made by people before them. ā€œInstitutional knowledgeā€ is a great value to those who are able to access it. Yes, take BS and Aristotle with a grain of salt, but there is no reason to completely dismiss them out of hand.

I find dismissing Aristotle to be easy, despite what my esteemed fellow statesman from Illinois says. Heā€™s a kook and a chicken little. I would like to see one useful post from him.

Battle-scarred was completely different. He was a grizzled war vet, fighting the good fight telling the newbies how to take advantage of the system and just how little they were worth in the scheme of things. While not the moderate voice of SK, he often had quite insightful posts about Chinese culture and how our postion is viewed here. I still have a copy of his post about how Taiwanese bosses view employees and have forwarded it on to those asking for advice in times past. While I found him to be quick to anger, there was mutual respect, except for the time he said I was a ā€œBay area liberalā€ and I had to correct him and inform him that any man calling me such might have his house burned down with anybody coming or crawling out clubbed like a baby seal in the head. You can talk about my mother, but that is just too far for me.

As far as the lack of illegal teaching info here. I donā€™t really see this as a teaching site per se, in the same way as tealit. Maybe if we blitzed the newspapers(something I would be willing to contribute to) putting ads that teachers and schools could be found here for free then maybe it would become like that. I find most newbies asking about how to be illegal, to be to clumsy to get it right. Considering the vast reams of info on the net, they seem to have the inability to do something so simple as a search.

Missing my old tealit days,
Okami

[quote=ā€œSteveZeAuthorā€]

Yea Aristotle and B-S are having some trouble over at this place.

A lot of posters there think they are one and the same. Haha.[/quote]

Aristotle and Battle Scarred wonā€™t/canā€™t enter into discussions here because people would call them on the bullshit they spew.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Thatā€™s a good one. :rainbow:

Can we have some choice quotes from these people? Iā€™ve never seen any of their posts. What exactly are they saying?

a search at www.tealit.com should cough up some quotes for you.