Aristotle

Who is this guy, Aristotle? He posts all kinds of warnings on his web site. I read his warning about Chia Yi and was amused as I kinda knew the girl who was murdered it seemed she was running with the wrong kinds of people and tried to get out of the situation. Is he for real?

He’s just paranoid and making up stuff. Don’t tell me that you are bringing the old Jiayi case up again. That horse has been whipped to death.

Aristotle is a well meaning sincere member of the lunatic fringe looking out for those poor souls who get screwed or whatever. He’s been banned from here but is very active at www.daveseslcafe.com Taiwan forum.

The problems he faces are apathy to anybody getting into their business(such as a union) and the fact that most of us only want our stay to be temporary in Taiwan except for a few estranged souls(Please don’t chase me with your taichi sword, Paogoa). As far as human rights, we have Hartzell and the “recovering chat board swearer offer”, Brian Kennedy.

I think his eart is in the right place and everybody needs a hobby. He has found his.

CYA
Okami

Aristotle is 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag.

Yeah, but I bet his “union” or SEET or whatever he calls it has a secret handshake or something. Probably have special rings for members, too. All he needs to do is extend his membership from the current 1 (himself) and he’ll be set. What do WE get? Eh? Bloody guanxi dollars and flag icons. :fatchance:

[quote=“sandman”]

Yeah, but I bet his “union” or SEET or whatever he calls it has a secret handshake or something. Probably have special rings for members, too. All he needs to do is extend his membership from the current 1 (himself) and he’ll be set. What do WE get? Eh? Bloody guanxi dollars and flag icons. :fatchance:[/quote]

Perhaps we Formosans should start worshiping the Earthmother…then we could all have sex on some altar in the woods. That would beat the heck out of a secret handshake any day.

[quote]He’s been banned from here but is very active at www.daveseslcafe.com Taiwan forum.
[/quote]

Aristotle wasn’t banned frorm here. He had trouble logging in or something, so thought he’d got banned and told eveyone at Dave’s that Forumosa had banned him.

Brian

Aristotle wasn’t banned frorm here. He had trouble logging in or something, so thought he’d got banned and told eveyone at Dave’s that Forumosa had banned him.[/quote]
No, he WAS banned. I just checked our list. He’s on it.

Bri, I think you’re thinking of OEM. I seem to remember it was him on Daves telling everyone …

That

Ooh! Maybe if we ask really, really nicely, EOD will learn us how to be great mods just like he is. :unamused:

Nobody is making any accusations it

He was banned a year or so ago for posting nonsense and moderator PM warnings in our forums.

[quote]He was banned a year or so ago for posting nonsense and moderator PM warnings in our forums.
[/quote]
And justifiably so.
Information posted on forums and chat boards like Forumosa or Dave’s is representative of the moderators and administrators who run that forum. When the statements being posted are clearly in violation of the rules set down in the registration agreement terms and conditions then moderators are more than justified in banning that user.

Here’s a funny link about trolls and cyber personalities: searchlores.org/trolls.htm

According to this, Aristotle fits the description of a kook:

“2. kook: a regular poster who continually posts messages with no apparent grounding in reality. The kook trademark is paranoia and grandiosity. Kooks will often build up elaborate imaginary support structures, fake corporations and the like, and continue to act as if those things are real even after their falsity has been documented in public. While they may appear harmless, and are usually filtered out by the other regular participants in a newsgroup or mailing list, they can still cause problems because the necessity for these measures is not immediately apparent to newcomers; there are several instances, for example, of journalists writing stories with quotes from kooks who caught them unaware. See crank.net/usenet.html for more info.”

This guy bothers me, he is now sending out warnings that that Taiwan is headed for civil unrest and teachers looking to come here should not. This is the same guy who thinks that teachers should work illegally in the country . If that what someone wishes to do by all means do it, but he has set himself up as some kind of self proclaimed expert and sending out potentially dangereous messages to new teachers. I have read so many of his posts on another forum and to me he just sounds paranoid. His latest warning was emailed to my family back home which has made them a little panicky about my stay here, they don’t know who he is and they don’t know better and i’d say that the majority of new teachers coming here would have the same impression.

Discredit him, show the inaccuracy of what he says.

Aristotle is a schmuck. If someone can not see past his scare tactics then they probably couldn’t of made it in Taiwan anyway. Plenty of people come to Taiwan without ever hearing of him and most could care less about his ranting. I believe here at forumosa.com, he was a village idiot or a psycho xiaojie before he was banned. Daveseslcafe.com has very liberal moderators and attitudes to posters, hence why we have that fool Jason Seeburn over there(spent 9 months in Taiwan and passes himslef off as an expert).

Don’t fret over it, just let him be till he finds a new hobby.

CYA
Okami

Aristotle has an over inflated sense of self-importance. In real life he is a chicken who runs around screaming something about the sky falling.

he he he, that’s why I had him called “Chicken Little” over at another forum taipeilife.com/forum/viewtop … =1097#1097

Yes, he posted there too. I’ll give him till Friday before I trash the thread or “edit” the hell out of it. :smiling_imp: Nah, better to just delete it. I don’t want to be a Mod that edits posts.

What a :wanker:

Aristotle…what a tosser. But he’s not nearly as bad as Battle-Scarred. Wanna talk about Chicken Little? He’s Chicken Little and Chicken Shit all rolled into one jaded asshole.