Arms package approved by US

Arms package approved by US. But exactly what? NO 66 F16s , No subs.

taipeitimes.com/News/front/a … 2003425007

[quote=“tommy525”]Arms package approved by US. But exactly what? NO 66 F16s , No subs.

taipeitimes.com/News/front/a … 2003425007[/quote]

more missiles, more upgrades, more spare parts for current f-16 fleet, new systems for patriot missiles and new missiles.
Basically, Taiwan gets ALOT of anti-air missiles. Trust me, you wouldn’t want to be on the receiving end of these missiles.
They also have the capability of shooting down the missiles that are pointed towards Taiwan, but only at a 80% chance to hit and there is 20% chance of miss/deflect (meaning it will only knock it off course but it will still explode and hit something in Taiwan, just not the intended target). Since China has upgraded their missiles capabilities, they have an accuracy of about 10-20 meter radius, so a deflect would knock it way off course, however, wouldn’t recommend living any where near a military structure since most of the Chinese missiles are old and inaccurate to begin with.

okay, so when does ROC declare independence?

When:
a) All of the KMTs have gone back to their “beloved” China.
b) The US isn’t involve in a war.
c) China does something stupid like shoot another missile at Taiwan.

It would take 2 of the above events mentioned for independence to be achieved.

Good old Bush and Wolfy, they’ve approved it on the way out. Probably a good thing too, since the incoming administration seems unlikely to sell Taiwan much in the way of arms.

Incidentally the article says the F16s were “were not included in the packages and were never seriously considered by the Bush administration.”. No design services for subs either. Not really sure what that means.

[quote=“KingZog”]Good old Bush and Wolfy, they’ve approved it on the way out. Probably a good thing too, since the incoming administration seems unlikely to sell Taiwan much in the way of arms.

Incidentally the article says the F16s were “were not included in the packages and were never seriously considered by the Bush administration.”. No design services for subs either. Not really sure what that means.[/quote]

Actually it was rejected by the legislatures in Taiwan, because it was waaaaayyyy overpriced (Taiwan thought they could just buy it elsewhere or make their own to stimulate the economy a little). The main difference between the IDF’s of Taiwan and F-16 of US is that of the engine, the F-16’s got a more powerful and effeicient engine, but a lot more expensive. But like the F-16’s the IDF’s are high maintance. Apparently Taiwan wanted to build the subs themselves in hopes to stimulate the economy and save money, but I guess there may have been a disagreement over this part of the package between the two sides, most likely the price and the time it’ll take to produce a sub.

When:
a) All of the KMTs have gone back to their “beloved” China.
b) The US isn’t involve in a war.
c) China does something stupid like shoot another missile at Taiwan.

It would take 2 of the above events mentioned for independence to be achieved.[/quote]

But the KMT is already in China, the ROC. Why would they want to go anywhere.

And surely you know the US won’t be coming if Taiwan provokes the conflict(possibly true even if Taiwan doesn’t provoke the conflict), so why does whether the US is involved in a war matter?

I’d advise Taiwan to declare independence a few days after Tibet and Xinjiang achieve it.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
We should help them