šŸ›¬ šŸ›‚ Arrival | Is it just me? (passport checks)

Why are people taking pics of this guy?

1 Like

Yeah, not sure Iā€™d want to take a picture of a serial killerā€¦ :grimacing:

3 Likes

Itā€™s likely your name is similar enough to a wanted criminal or someone who is banned from Taiwanā€¦

A French/Vietnamnese serial killer that preyed on western backpackers in Asia. He was known as ā€œThe Serpentā€ and unfortunately was released. My post was in dark humor , but itā€™s probably a good thing passport controllers take their jobs seriously considering there are people like him out there somewhere. In that pic he looks pretty harmless, ā€œA sweet , arty looking old guy.ā€

Taiwan has had its fair share of ā€œAmericaā€™sā€ most wanted hiding out. Thatā€™s probably harder with biometrics.

1 Like

Killer local reference brah

Their facial expressions suggest he trumped.

Havenā€™t heard this expression in a long time.

He does look proud though.

With ARC/APRC and egate I canā€™t remember the last time I had to even show my passport to enter Taiwan. Itā€™s probably been a decade or more. I canā€™t say that about any other country I enter, including my home country.

1 Like

I like to get a stamp so I havenā€™t registered for the egate.

Can be who you travel with?
Nineties I had a girlfriend from Northern Ireland, going on holiday was fine going out, returning to England she walked straight through, I was stopped every time questioned about various countries and cities I had visited over the years and why?
Worst one was after returning from USA, they held me for 3 hours.

Itā€™s just you

Donā€™t feel bad I get the same treatment in South Korea and Hong Kong

In HK one time the guy looked twice in the black list until I told him Iā€™m not on it

2 Likes

They circled the word ā€œsingleā€ for entrance on mine. They didnā€™t circle the passport of the people I was traveling with :joy:

Not specifically Taiwan but every single time Iā€™ve gone to the airport the sensors magically go off. I literally heard them describe me in the walkie talkie prior to it going off once. Beyond annoying.

1 Like