Arriving from toronto

Just wondering if anyone knows about any current changes for people arriving in Taiwan from Toronto. Can I still get a 2 week landing visa when I arrive, or do I need a visa beforehand now?
Thanks.

You will need a visa and boarding permit, and must do a ten-day quarantine when you arrive.

boca.gov.tw/%7Eboca2000/en/qa2e.htm#sars

although all this could change at the drop of a hat…

hey,

Sorry, not sure what a boarding permit is or how to obtain one.

Also, do you happen to know about any restrictions on visitors arriving in Toronto from Taiwan?
Thanks.

Read the previous post and read the link for chrissakes. 10 day quarantine. 10 day quarantine. You’d be mad to come to Taiwan from Toronto. Go to another city first, then come. Ay.

Brian

A boarding pass is what the airline gives you. It will have your seat number on it. They give it to you when you “check in” for your flight.

Hey man…be smart…go to the Vancouver TECO on your way here…and don’t even think about saying the word Toronto…get a visa (u can get a sixty day) and an official medical certificate filled out by a Dr. in Vancouver (free clinic corner Drake and Hornby will only charge you $15) and then you should be able to breeze thru customs here.

Good luck!

Hexuan was talking about something different called a boarding permit. It’s required for people coming from SARS-affected areas. Read the link in his post. "Those who already hold a visa must still apply for a boarding permit at an ROC mission. "

…please, post a reply to me here!! Join the club.

So. Just wondering what a “Boarding Permit” is. NO, not a boarding pass, but thanks for letting me know what one is, I really had no idea until you told me.

I am already in Taiwan. Wasn’t planning on leaving at all until the end of the year, but now I am very tempted to go home just for two weeks in June. Wondering how difficult this is going to be.

The suggestion of “just go somewhere else first” sounds like an easy suggestion, but aren’t those airport people a bit smarter than that? they check that shit right? I just have time/money to fly to Vancouver etc. unless it is absolutely the best way.

…please, post a reply to me here!! Join the club.

So. Just wondering what a “Boarding Permit” is. NO, not a boarding pass, but thanks for letting me know what one is, I really had no idea until you told me.

I am already in Taiwan. Wasn’t planning on leaving at all until the end of the year, but now I am very tempted to go home just for two weeks in June. Wondering how difficult this is going to be.

The suggestion of “just go somewhere else first” sounds like an easy suggestion, but aren’t those airport people a bit smarter than that? they check that shit right? I just don’t have time/money to fly to Vancouver etc. unless it is absolutely the best way.

It does seem easy, and I don’t know how they do things in Canada, but my guess is they’re not going to stamp your passport for flying from Vancouver to Toronto and back are they. So get return a flight to Vancouver and get another return flight from Vancouver to Toronto from another agency on another ticket, or just buy it there at the airport, get a bus or walk (Canada’s not that big is it?). Just make sure that they think you’re coming to Taiwan from nice clean healthy Vancouver, not horrible SARS-ridden Toronto.

Brian