Article on Foreigners in Taiwan

Don’t know if this is the right forum for this – fairly interesting article on the above subject in the October issue of Taipei Review, including before and after pics of Poagao :shock: and some other pics which I don’t know where they were dragged out from – anyone remember Dominic Rablah or George Soler in the days when Top was still around? Or the old Roxy on Roosevelt Rd.? A blast from the past and no mistake. Isn’t that the drummer who plays with Wu Bai? Hasn’t he come a long way! And who is that guitar player?
They really must have dredged through their archives to find those snaps!

I remember Top but I’ve lost the T-shirt.

I think that last name is right. Taipei Review? Where do I get a copy?

Chou

It’s a ministry of misinformation product. Here’s the link - http://publish.gio.gov.tw/FCR/doc/review-frame.html

[quote=“sandman”]I don’t know where they were dragged out from – anyone remember Dominic Rablah or George Soler in the days when Top was still around? Or the old Roxy on Roosevelt Rd.? A blast from the past and no mistake. Isn’t that the drummer who plays with Wu Bai? Hasn’t he come a long way! And who is that guitar player?
They really must have dredged through their archives to find those snaps![/quote]

I heard they did dredge through their archives because those were the only photos they could find with large groups of foreigners–pub photos. There was actually one of the old Roxy. Went there a billion times, but could never get into the music.

Yeah? I didn’t go there too often, but I always thought the music was the best part :slight_smile:

Yeah? I didn’t go there too often, but I always thought the music was the best part :slight_smile:[/quote]

I can not think of one single bad thing about Roxy. It was the perfect pub for its place and time. Pity we had to give it all up for some schmucks political campaign.

Chou

I thought the landlord raised the rent.

I believe that was the case. The new tennant… campaign central. Campaign over, cool old roxy building destroyed. Ugly new cement structure up in its place. Such is progress.

Chou