Artists in Kaohsiung

Does anyone know of any artist groups for English speakers in Kaohsiung? This would include meetups, groups, galleries, individual people, anything really, where at least basic English is spoken.

I am asking for my wife; she really wants to get involved in the art community in some capacity, but she doesn’t speak Chinese. She is big into nature- based crafting, prints, and painting.

I would go down to the Pier 2 area during the day and ask around.

1 Like

There are some groups and classes taught by some really good artists here, but none of them are in English that I know of.

Pier 2 has some co-creating art studios run by young people, but they don’t target English-speaking audiences so I’m not sure if they speak it.

I quite often bump into art groups around the Lotus Pond, not sure on their english capabilities though.

This is nearby Tainan, you can go visit. I am often in the area. From most parts of Kaohsuing its less than hour drice.

https://air-culture.tainan.gov.tw/en/rules/3

Tomarrow night I also have dinner with a group that has some people into design, I will ask (They have Euro background, but mostly in English/Taiwanese/Chinese) see what groups are there. (They live near Kaohsuing/Tainan boarder)

1 Like

Not sure about classes or English but if she’s a fellow nature nut, she will enjoy a visit here :slight_smile:

Tainan

Damn Facebook.

Here
千畦種籽舘
06 236 0035

1 Like