As a foreigner with arc can you get a scooter license without the international driving license

the title says it all,
i searched on the web and i found many information but not anything for that specific question

as a foreigner with arc can you get a scooter license without the international driving license ?

Yes

Yes.

If you plan on driving a 50cc or less scooter, then you only need to take the written test. There are practice tests online and also on the computers at the DMV.

If you plan on driving a scooter that is <250cc, called a regular heavy motorcyle (what the majority of people drive), then you need both the written and “road” test. Information can be found here: http://tmvso.thb.gov.tw/English/

thank you.
is the arc related to the visa because now im applying for visa at first it was 10 month but i switched to 1 year because i thought the arc was related and i read that you need a arc valid for one year

does anyone can help me if its less than one year its ok also.
because my letter from acceptation from school is for 10 months and i dont know if immigration will give me more than that.

if somebody has done the visa process i wish to ask him a few question because i’m doing that right now. i have question concerning the single or multiple entry and other stuffs.

Not sure if your situation is the same as mine, but I held a 1-year ARC that had only about 9 months validity remaining when I got my licence. No problems and no questions asked. Hope this helps.

ok thank you very much

Please go well prepared for the test as shown at the end of this video :ponder:
http://www.ccfunny.com/v/JR5YwRDj

You definitely can. I don’t have a driver’s license even in my home country but I got a motorcycle(scooter) license here.
You need an ARC with validity of 1 year; if the ARC expiration date is less than 1 year from the date of issue, then you need to bring your passport with the 1 year+ visa for proof. I know because my ARC was re-issued after I changed my address, so I had to bring my passport to prove that I had the minimum 1 year of validity. Basically excludes exchange students and tourists.

If you don’t have a driver’s license, you are now required to sit through a 2 hour course on safety which is mostly a bunch of Youtube clips of people doing dumb things on scooters in my experience.

[quote=“mao-mi”]You definitely can. I don’t have a driver’s license even in my home country but I got a motorcycle(scooter) license here.
You need an ARC with validity of 1 year; if the ARC expiration date is less than 1 year from the date of issue, then you need to bring your passport with the 1 year+ visa for proof. I know because my ARC was re-issued after I changed my address, so I had to bring my passport to prove that I had the minimum 1 year of validity. Basically excludes exchange students and tourists.

If you don’t have a driver’s license, you are now required to sit through a 2 hour course on safety which is mostly a bunch of Youtube clips of people doing dumb things on scooters in my experience.[/quote]
I wonder if they show all the accidents whilst doing the actual tests, as I posted :whistle: