As we know traffic is a major cause of death in Taiwan

Vehicles that are higher up are more prone to roll overs. And they are especially dangerous in roll overs.

One has to pay attention to NOT over correct or make sudden , panic movements.

Most SUV fatalities occur during a roll over.

Here is a case , once again , of the people causing a crash getting away with it. And an unfortunate van rolled over, likely causing fatalities.

Looks like the van driver panicked and over corrected. A fatal mistake in a tall vehicle.

liveleak.com/view?i=bde_1365223495

And more taiwan traffic shenanigans:

liveleak.com/view?i=1d8_1366657818

one person asked the other in the car if he was ok, I venture from the groans that he was NOT ok. Most emphatically NOT OK.

Missed the one last night, video taken from the road camera of an ambulance. They are going down a curve on a mountain road, when this crazy motorist takes them over, incurring down the middle of the incoming traffic lane and right into the hood of a small car -be grateful it was a simple sedan and not a tour bus. The scream -Tiena!- from the ambulance driver was legendaryā€¦ At least the ambulance was clsoe by to immediately pickup the pieces, do some CPR and hightail it to the nearest ER. sigh

You gotta love how helpful Taiwanese are when your really need helpā€¦shitty driving is a physical brain defect here i think, but how people react after an accident/injury is just depressing.

I found another recent clip showing a car running into the center divider and rolling over. It was a small toyota, and it rolled just as many times as a van did. So it can happen to small cars too.

And apparently this body ejected from the vehicle as well. All caught on dashcam of the following car. Which stopped at the side of the road because there was a bmw highway patrol car there.

The patrol officer simply got some cones out. He was not in a hurry because seems the people were likely very very dead by then.

Looks like the car may have tried to lane change when he saw the traffic cop and lost control and hit the center divider.

The family with the dashcam was very much affected by the whole scene unfolding in front of them

Most taiwanese < especially on the freeway, do not stop and thats probably a good thing because stopping on the freeway presents a lost chance of escape for cars coming behind. They may have a chance to swerve into the other lane to keep from impacting the accident vehicle, but not if that too is blocked by people stopped.

I do think one should definiteyl stop if on regular roads tho and at least call the police and try to keep others from running into any injured lying on the ground.

thats what i and a friend did late one nite taipei. Saw a person lying on the street on chongshan n.rd. and my friend called the police while i went up a ways and waved drivers into the next lane.

probably saved the guy from being run over on that night. The ambulance came and saw that he was in serious shape and drove off with him.

The guy was not dead but unconscious. He may have been hit by a car .

Quite a shocking fact is that I worked out that I have Instructed (mainly on Tracks/rally courses/dynamic courses etc) well over 100,000 people over the last 15 years or so. That is in Europe (even on Ice tracks) USA,and even Taiwan.
Some of this Tuition has been for professional Drivers,but in the main, Ordinary Drivers from many Countries. Some for only 3 Laps,some for one hour.
Out of this number of Drivers , my experience has been as follows ( it is my experience and if it offends I donā€™t careā€¦ unless you have also experience and do not generalize !)

European driversā€¦70 % are ok and able to learn something with Scandanavians being the most talentedā€¦driving on snow helps!.Odd idiot and some cant grasp the idea.
USA driversā€¦30% are ok especially in Autos with arm resting on door style!! 5% think about it and are very good,the rest are not good with No awareness of the dynamics of a car,generally.
Asian Driversā€¦1% are capable of learning fast ,safe driving. 99% simply do not engage their Brain before driving. It seems to be the ā€œconceptā€ that is hard to grasp.
They are actually damn dangerous on a trackā€¦wandering all over the place with no spatial awareness and no idea of the dynamics. I actually can not believe that almost everyone,even after careful guidance, can still be so utterly shit at controlling a vehicle, Their minds are all over the placeā€¦no matter the language,BTW.
Be thankful that there are 200,000 reasonable drivers in Taiwanā€¦just hope not to tangle with the 20 million useless ones.
This is absolutely not just an anti Asian post I like Asians :bow: Just canā€™t drive a greasy spoon up a dogs arseā€¦it is sadly too true in my experience.
If ,on the other hand, there were points for wandering around aimlessly,near misses,thoughtless drivingā€¦the Taiwanese would be World Champions :2cents:

stats aside, remember YOU are out there, and whats worseā€¦ THEY are out there too.

Drive defensively at all times, and watch your six and your three and your nine and of course your 12 oā€™clock. Plus all other angles and tangents. Because what you do not see can hurt you.

[quote=ā€œtommy525ā€]stats aside, remember YOU are out there, and whats worseā€¦ THEY are out there too.

Drive defensively at all times, and watch your six and your three and your nine and of course your 12 oā€™clock. Plus all other angles and tangents. Because what you do not see can hurt you.[/quote]
Tommy ,I have to brave driving in California in Julyā€¦he he :saywhat:

coming from taiwan you will probably get a finger or two or three and maybe get shot at , if you retain ANY trace of driving like a Taiwanese over here pardner !

:sunglasses:

Simply overtaking in the right lane will get you penalty points and irate drivers in the West. Here itā€™s still par for the course although Im imagining one of the major causes of accidents on the highway, when two cars to for same spot in the middle lane.
I blame the police, they are fucktards.

Hi, I read your comment. Itā€™s interesting. I believe in your experience. Can I ask you however to redo the same analysis by comparing people who learnt driving using automatic gear or manual gear? What do you think?

[quote=ā€œheadhonchoIIā€]Simply overtaking in the right lane will get you penalty points and irate drivers in the West. Here itā€™s still par for the course although Im imagining one of the major causes of accidents on the highway, when two cars to for same spot in the middle lane.
I blame the police, they are fucktards.[/quote]

According to my pa, overtaking in the wrong lane is creeping in back home, but at least folks know that if you get seen, you get a ticket.
Here itā€™s just anything goes and yep, blame lies at the door of the traffic police.

Very first time I drove here, I checked my mirror (WTF, checking my mirror in Taiwan :roflmao:) and saw the lights of a squad car behind me, on patrol.
Mentioned it to my friend, ā€˜uh, oh, cops behind usā€™ and heā€™s like ā€˜ah, ignore themā€™.
ā€˜No, youā€™re kidding?ā€™. Ha, how little I knew.

Hitā€¦nailā€¦head :thumbsup:

[quote=ā€œkeroliverā€][quote=ā€œshiadoaā€]
European driversā€¦70 % are ok ā€¦
USA driversā€¦30% are ok ā€¦
Asian Driversā€¦1% are capable of learning fast ,safe drivingā€¦
[/quote]
Hi, I read your comment. Itā€™s interesting. I believe in your experience. Can I ask you however to redo the same analysis by comparing people who learnt driving using automatic gear or manual gear? What do you think?[/quote]
European driversā€¦70 % are ok
I hope so.
I paid for my drivers license 1,800DM thirty years ago.
It included 18 hours training behind the wheel and many hours of theory.
The training behind the steering wheel included taking curves at high speed with grinding tires, full braking from 100 to 0 etc.
I especially remember the lesson where we learned how to handle the situation from the first video.
There is one thing you should do when hitting the barrier/guardrail.
This driver obviously got scared and steered away from it which resulted in those flip overs.

Asian Driversā€¦1% Thatā€™s what you get for 10,000NT$

[quote=ā€œkeroliverā€][quote=ā€œshiadoaā€]
European driversā€¦70 % are ok ā€¦
Asian Driversā€¦1% are capable of learning fast ,safe drivingā€¦
[/quote]
Hi, I read your comment. Itā€™s interesting. I believe in your experience. Can I ask you however to redo the same analysis by comparing people who learnt driving using automatic gear or manual gear? What do you think?[/quote]
Keroliver. the heavy use of autos is one of the reasons ,the USA is behind a bit?. Auto/manual doesnā€™t compute into Asian driving.Driving, and being aware of potential dangers seems alien here . I really wish I knew, what the Primary issue was.Maybe itā€™s generations of every Man for himselfā€¦I just donā€™t know !! It will take years of re training to break this cycle.i fear. :2cents:

Interesting to consider how this would have ended in Taiwan :ponder:

and I present the reason for so many accidents. Riders forget to engage their brain before setting off.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5iEM1L7-Jjo

[quote=ā€œshiadoaā€]Interesting to consider how this would have ended in Taiwan :ponder:

[/quote]

Very differently i would imagine.

[quote=ā€œshiadoaā€]Interesting to consider how this would have ended in Taiwan :ponder:

[/quote]

Congrats, you actually found a driver culture more agressive/passive-agressive than Taiwanā€™s. The UK seems like a scary place to me.

:America:

that guy reminds me of James McAvoyā€¦

He does, doesnā€™t he? Spitting image.

UK driving culture is messed-up. When I go over there I notice people are a LOT more careless and aggressive than they used to be (or it might just be me getting old). Couple of years ago I found myself in the wrong lane in slow-moving traffic, and indicated to show I needed to move (well in advance - I wasnā€™t attempting to skip a queue). Nobody let me in. Ah, hereā€™s a police car coming up on my right. Heā€™ll let me in. No; he sailed past, turned to look at me, and made a rude gesture.

Give me apathetic Tawanese cops with a gormless grin on their faces any day of the week. An excessive number of Brits, these days, are ill-mannered, ignorant oiks.