Asian American communities stand up amid string of violent attacks

[quote=“Explant, post:7, topic:203136, full:true”]
When people keep calling americans a hyphenated geographical name paired with american, dont expect things to become equal anytime soon. Born somewhere equals from somewhere. 10th generation asian or black people in the states being called asian/african american is about as anti progressive as it comes. Please, tell me.how else we may separate you from our society whether or not your lineage has been here longer.[/quote]

Identifying cultural heritage doesn’t keep groups separate; this seems to be a canard from the right wing used primarily against the black and immigrant communities - you don’t exactly hear people identifying as Irish-Americans for example.

Yea man. Most Asian Americans I know are down with the black community and umderstand that the struggles of the black community is different, and generally different than that of the Asian American community relevant to this group*. And frankly, I’ve heard exactly 0 people in my extended Asian community in the US express concern of black vs asians.

*Taiwanese, Chinese, and to some extent, Korean and Japanese. More recent, much more disadvantaged communities like Vietnamese and Hmong have different challenges, and I wouldn’t lump them into a monolithic asian community when talking about the struggles of Asian Americans. That’d be ignorant. :smiley:

2 Likes

FBI

2 Likes

What does that have to do with anything? Black on Asian crime is a real problem.

it’s interesting that everyone else is mostly doing it to themselves; according to this is seems the only demographic where most violence is interracial is black on asian. so not only is @ecanada wrong yet again, but embarrassingly so yet again.

as @Andrew0409 said people don’t want to have these conversations, but if someone wants to make race an important part of how we look at everything then there must be honest acknowledgement of these kinds of statistics, otherwise you have no credibility.

7 Likes

Lol,
Wow 27.5 vs 24.1 in one year.

I agree

No one said it’s not. You’re trying to politicize this.
It’s not a good look

1 Like

How? Quote me. I pointed out the stats. You’re the only one to bring up politics.

You can go look at the data. It’s black on Asian crime consistently high. Other racial groups don’t have this issue. So it’s alarming.

1 Like

It’s statistically significant. It’s a conversation that should be had. Why is black on Asian crime so high.

According to the stats by the FBI. Year after year, violent crime for racial groups are within the same racial group by majority. All except violent crime against Asians.

Those are the facts.

I agree, that’s why you should support BLM to fix these problems.
Black people aren’t the cause of the Anti AA crime. Trump might be.
That’s why you’re politicizing it

2 Likes

You’re the only one to bring up politics. I’ve only stated stats.

What?

According to the stats, it’s the primary contributor of it. As a Asian American, I also agree. Most of my racist experiences in the US are from blacks.

Do I hate black people for this, nope. But this is a real problem and I want to have this conversation. Who are you to tell me I can’t?

3 Likes

This is true.

Most of the attacks have been on old Asians.

And old Asians are some of the most racist people.

I think the two minority communities need a dialogue to avert further conflict.

3 Likes

That’s all I’m saying. Idk why others took such offense to it.

1 Like

It has to do with us Asian Americans* not viewing black on asian crime as a particular problem. Surely there are pockets where it’s more of an issue, and individuals worried more about it than others, but who’s seeing this as a particular problem? I’ve seen it discussed… here, with it seeming to be brought up as much as a commentary on the black community vs a particular concern for the asian american community.

*As discussed earlier

So not most.

1 Like

You can have that view. I don’t. And the stats back me up.

Yes most. Did you read the table?

Show us those stats - you haven’t shown anything that suggests Asian Americans, as a group, view this as any particular problem.

Yes. 27.5% is not most - being the largest group isn’t the same as “most of the violent assaults against Asian Americans are from black people”

2 Likes

So you want to argue about language?

The majority of violence against Asian American are perpetrated by black Americans. This is an issue for me.

AA were never attacked before Trump decided to run. Fact checked by CNN.

4 Likes

When the language is a lie, yes. 27.5% of the crime against Asian Americans is committed by blacks, per your source, and you keep saying that the “majority of violence against Asian American are perpetrated by black Americans” after it’s been pointed out to you. So you’re lying at this point. So yes, I want to talk about that rather than letting you repeat that lie

1 Like