Asian-canadian needs a hook up

hey everyone…
i’m off to Taiwan end of June…and i need a teaching job…i’ve replied to many schools but no response and i find that a lot of specifically say they want “foreign teachers”…so am i considered a “foreign teacher” which basically means white?

i’m really scared i wont be able to find a well paying job…where i can make lots of money:)

any opinions or help?

hookups appreciated as well:)

oh…my credentials…HON. BA…english lit…24, jap/taiwanese. previous teaching experience in canada…how do i loooK?

seems to me if you’re female, that ‘asian’ rule wouldn’t apply (as much). just my observations of friends. (seems to work less in JPN)

seriously? ok that’s good…:slight_smile:

ok just another question…i’m confused…
what do they mean by “native english teacher”

i am asian…but born and bred in canada…am i considered 'native" or does it refer to “white” :frowning:

[quote=“xsmurfettex”]ok just another question…I’m confused…
what do they mean by “native English teacher” I am Asian…but born and bred in Canada…am i considered 'native" or does it refer to “white” :frowning:
The phrase should be native English-speaking English teacher, which just refers to your mother language. However, some Taiwanese apply that phrase to suit their own purposes, which means you might be discriminated against. If you have ANY Chinese ability, you might want to downplay your fluency in it in order to emphasize the fact that English is your first language.

ok good…cuz my mandarin is not good at all:(

Well, that depends on the school. Some of them actually do like you to speak some Mandarin.