🌏 🏅 | Asian Games

l agree :+1:

Does it get your heart rate above 100bmp for 30 minutes? If it does it’s sport.

Go is like mental marathon, it’s definitely a sport.

Look at that exciting moment when Taiwan won the first gold medal in Go. By exciting I mean Ke Jie sighing in frustration about 10 hands before he gave up and no one made a peep or smiled until the broadcast was over.

1 Like

Depends on the defintion of sport.

Is playing go “physical exertion”? :thinking:

I think sitting on one’s butt looking at a computer screen is a perversion of the concept of sports. Sure, there is the competition aspect, but the physical component is apparently totally neglected. There are lots of sports where athletes sit the whole time, but I think most of them, like race drivers, horse riders, etc. use their body’s muscles to a much higher degree than gamers.

Brain is a physical organ that could be trained. It actually takes a lot of stamina to play go at a professional level. Go players often have their ears flushing red from all the brain exertion.

I now think that since every definition is subject to interpretation, any activity can possibly qualify as a sport and hence be included in an event like that.

Meditation? Sure. Watching TV? Why not? Power sofa chilling? Yes, please!

If you can’t lose weight doing it it’s not a sport.

I guess that’s why baseball isn’t in the Olympics…

2 Likes

Lot of heavy athletes in many sports, not a good argument to make.

Are they professional players?

All were at least on an MLB roster at some point this season. I’m more familiar with players from the era of Prince Fielder, Bartolo Colon, C.C. Sabathia, and Joba Chamberlain though.

Any way to watch the baseball championship streaming online?

The copyright enforcement on Youtube is pretty strict. The news can only show still photos; no highlights.

Yes, at the highest level.

Oh, they play Korea for gold today, right? I only know it’s on Hami Video, one of those ELTA channels.

1 Like

Yeah Korea. Thanks.

Watching the baseball game. Damn good Taiwanese pitchee.

Watched part of it, felt like they were trying to hit every pitch. Almost came back.

1 Like

The same guy who edged out the S. Korean who celebrated too early to win gold in the skating relay race for Taiwan has now himself celebrated too early and lost gold to his own teammate in the 1000m race.

3 Likes

Super ironic

1 Like

Dumb and Dumber.