Ask.com

How do I get rid of this? (Ask.com) Pleaese! I went through control panel and uninstalled but it is still popping up. Wankers! Suggestions?

I hate Ask.com for numerous reasons, and this is one of them.

Try getting Ad-Aware or Spybot: they should remove that and other spyware/malware on your system, and it’s free.

Also, under what circumstances does it pop up? Make sure your homepage isn’t set to Ask.com.

OP might want to find a decent uninstaller

Revo for 32bit
Advanced uninstaller for 64

[quote=“Chris”]I hate Ask.com for numerous reasons, and this is one of them.

Try getting Ad-Aware or Spybot: they should remove that and other spyware/malware on your system, and it’s free.

Also, under what circumstances does it pop up? Make sure your homepage isn’t set to Ask.com.[/quote]

[quote=“Chris”]I hate Ask.com for numerous reasons, and this is one of them.

Also, under what circumstances does it pop up? Make sure your homepage isn’t set to Ask.com.[/quote]

Thx. I used to use Adware but with Avira, I stopped. Bad mistake. Back to an addition of adware. Wankers. Hope I can poke one of them in the nose one day soon. Probably get my ass kicked but I’ll get the first poke.
Thx again, I’ll get adaware again.

Hi Enigma,

We post complete toolbar removal information right here: asksupport.custhelp.com/app/answ … /a_id/2908

If you need any other assistance, give our Customer Support team an email via this link: asksupport.custhelp.com/app/ask

Best regards,
Eric

[quote=“EricFromAsk”]Hi Enigma,

We post complete toolbar removal information right here: asksupport.custhelp.com/app/answ … /a_id/2908

If you need any other assistance, give our Customer Support team an email via this link: asksupport.custhelp.com/app/ask

Best regards,
Eric[/quote]
Eric,

Removing software should simply be a matter of going to the Control Panel, going to Add/Remove Programs, and removing the software you don’t want. A program that needs special instructions or software to remove is a Bad Thing.

Also, people generally install the Ask.com toolbar by accident, because it is set as “opt out”. This in my view is unethical. When I’m installing a product, I don’t want additional products being installed along with it unless I make a conscious choice to install them. “Opt-in” is the only ethical option.

These practices give your company a bad name.

[quote=“Chris”]
These practices give your company a bad name.[/quote]

:bravo: indeed

Maybe so. The problem with that is when you have a shitty “product” that nobody actually wants. If they made it “opt-out,” they’d have no suckers – oops! I mean “customers.” :laughing: