Ask urodacus!

Why are yawns contagious?

You just made me type “yawn”.

not sure. don’t think anybody knows, actually.

Yawn.

If you’re really a scientist as you claim, how come you don’t wear coke-bottle spectacles and have a ludicrously prominent adam’s apple?
I don’t think you’re a real scientist at all.

i had mine surgically removed, specs that is, and while yes, i do have an adam’s apple, it’s well trained, so it’s not sticking it’s, erm, apple into other people’s business all the time.

i do have a pocket protector, for my clutch pencils, and my very own Hewlett Packard calculator. doss that count me in?

Does your HP calculator run Linux, or does it run GNU/Linux ?

What’s a clutch pencil? And are you evil? Have you a plan to take over the world? If not, why not? What kind of a damn scientist are you anyway? My scepticism is increasing. If so, why are you sitting about pretending to be all brainy and shit when you could be recruiting misshapen henchmen with speech impediments?
You’re really a bit useless at this sciencing lark, I’d say. You need an agent.

[quote=“sandman”]What’s a clutch pencil? And are you evil? Have you a plan to take over the world? If not, why not? What kind of a damn scientist are you anyway? My scepticism is increasing. If so, why are you sitting about pretending to be all brainy and shit when you could be recruiting misshapen henchmen with speech impediments?
You’re really a bit useless at this sciencing lark, I’d say. You need an agent.[/quote]

so, as far as misshapen impedimented henchmen and agents go, do you want the job or not?

HP has only lowly RPN. and a stack based statistics program input, no OS to speak of. what can i say? I’m behind the times.

i run UNIX on my laptop when i need it.

Oh, wow, he really IS smart! Thank you, Funkster, this is the bestest thread evah!!!

urodacus, would you like to apply for the position of my house-geek-boy? The pay is good, you’d have your own room and the job entails following me around constantly so that you can answer any and all questions I might have at any given moment. You’d have your own bicycle, of course. You can pick the color yourself. What do you say?

Meanwhile, why do all synchronized swimmers grab those little cloths of theirs after the dive?

And, all those various bugs that gather around the light like crazy, in the morning you find them dead on the ground. Why do it? What point are they trying to make?

Dear Aunty Urodacus,

Why are Croatians so tall? Are there any Croatian midgets?

[quote=“urodacus”][quote=“sandman”]What’s a clutch pencil? And are you evil? Have you a plan to take over the world? If not, why not? What kind of a damn scientist are you anyway? My scepticism is increasing. If so, why are you sitting about pretending to be all brainy and shit when you could be recruiting misshapen henchmen with speech impediments?
You’re really a bit useless at this sciencing lark, I’d say. You need an agent.[/quote]

so, as far as misshapen impedimented henchmen and agents go, do you want the job or not?

[/quote]

Do you all get to live in hollowed out volcanoes?

Maybe if he was a real scientist. As it is, his lair is probably a rolled-up newspaper in the middle of the M1. And his mum and 17 sisters probably share it with him.

sandman: you’ve been peeking. and I’m telling me mum.

tash: mmm… tempting. of course, i always choose a bike by the colour.
dead moths are responding to the light, perhaps trying to use it like they do the moon to navigate. of course, it’s a bit brighter and hotter than moonlight, so they get a bit burnt doing so, and then they flap away, but then they feel startled again and fly towards the ‘moon’ to escape. they’re not very smart, those moths, and those that get stuck in that cycle for too long may scorch themselves, or they may run out of energy. either way they end up on the floor in the morning. of course, you only see the ones that did die, and most probably don’t.
lepidopterists use light to attract moths at night to catch them, but because they don’t respond well to yellow light (can’t see it as well as blue) you can’t use yellow lights. that’s the same reason that porch lights often have yellow globes.

swimmers love their towels. divers too: this is known in scientific circles as the Lionel syndrome.

fluffy niece: ask tash. as for the midgets, perhaps they just call themselves albanians.

Outed! Dead moths just bloody well lie there, you charlatan.

All scientists should know, nay, sense, where & when the bridges are, especially the confounded ones.
Method, what?!

gingerman, ginger nut.
it’s hard to find a bad one.

[quote=“urodacus”]gingerman, ginger nut.
it’s hard to find a bad one.[/quote]
hey: that’s pontificating!
No fair!

If I get stung by a bee, then a sting from a wasp will cancel it out, because one is acid and the other is alkaline right? But is this unique in the animal kingdom, i.e. can you get bitten by a snake and then a bite from another species would cancel it?

And what is the difference between venom, poisons and toxins?

p.s. I second the vote for sandman as henchman, I reckon he would be very good at dealing with pitchfork wielding villagers

How come we Brits are so much better at sports than you Aussies, as exemplified by our current positions in the Olympic medals table, and especially our respective performances in the velodrome?

Will the universe continue to expand forever?