Asked for salary expectation - IT sales and marketing to regions

Hi all,

I am trying to find out what to ask for salary, wrote down the role and my profile so to provide a clearer background (hope it does not come out as cocky :s )

Position: A leading IT company (in its niche) in Taipei with around 400 people (growing 30-40% per year) wants my salary expectations for a channel sales position with marketing, price structure and training responsibilities for a region of four countries. Includes travels and possibly later permanently working in the countries. Candidates for the position should be very few due to somewhat rare language requirements and skills.

My profile: Don’t speak Chinese above the basics. 3 years of experience in IT and marketing, fluent in the languages required and MSc./BSc. in Business from two prominent universities in the most relevant countries for the position. Been on exchange at NTU previously.

Tried to look at ecct.com.tw/file/userfiles/f … nglish.pdf
but found it difficult due to the mixed nature of the position.

Thank you very much in advance! :notworthy:

70 - 80K TWD Base + 30% commission?

I guess they will settle for 60k monthly + minimum of 2 months year-end bonus.

With only 3 years working experience, I doubt you could get more.

If I were you, I would ask about the monthly bonus based on your sales target.

Let us know how it worked out!

Ideally, you would ask for, and receive, between 70,000 NTD and 80,000 NTD (plus bonus and commission) per month, but my gut feeling suggests that somewhere in the 60s is what you will end up with. That being said, if you are a particularly shrewd negotiator and have an especially in-demand set of skills, you just might be able to prove me wrong.

You will get 60K if you are lucky. If you ask for 70 to 80K then you will never hear from them again.