Astronomy

Yeah, i think the right dark sky conditions means not at sea level in a big city. But I can’t go ro the mountains this week

1 Like

I know people who could see it from Taichung city, so… it should be possible from Kaohsiong too.

1 Like

Venus (lower) and Jupiter (higher) both very bright and clear in the western sky right now.

1 Like

With Mars pretty much directly overhead.

1 Like

Absolutely stunning! The sky was so clear that the light pollution of Tanshui didn’t screw up the view.

1 Like

Jupiter and Venus very close together in the western sky right now.

3 Likes

Exactly why I came on here tonight. Thank you.

1 Like

Stunning!

1 Like

Yeah, that lovely planetary view when I walked out of the MRT station this evening was definitely a welcome counterpoint to the smog of this morning.

They must have been really bright elsewhere, if they were so clearly visible even in a well-lit plaza.

1 Like

Perfectly clear night this evening. It’s 19:14 and Venus Is absolutely stunning! I can also see Mars just under the sliver of the moon.

1 Like

I saw a very clear sky last night but I was too buy to enjoy it. Also Moon is on diet so it’s good for sky watching. I might get back to this soon, it’s about time!

A very clear, cool and low humidity evening up here on the north coast allowed for spectacular viewing of Jupiter and Saturn.

Anyone else enjoy the evening sitting in their yard with a nice glass of Cabernet Sauvignon watching the stars?

1 Like