ASUS broke my 35k ntd laptop, what to do?

Someone at ASUS?

You need help breaking fingers I mean sending a strong message to ASUS to get their shit together and helping you get your laptop back in proper working order?

Also for parts, I can take care of that as well.

2 Likes

Rather, I donā€™t physically have it - itā€™s with Asus right now

Nice laptop!

Sidenote: Asus do an OLED version now, which comes in Intel or Ryzen versions:

https://24h.pchome.com.tw/prod/DHAXAO-A900BS8LO

Push for a replacement :wink:

Story time

LG mobile broke my phone that I sent in for an out of warranty repair. It was a third party that LG uses and they took it in and noted the phone was good condition, then it came back with a cracked screen. I even had the ā€˜item in good conditionā€™ letter they gave me when I gave them the phone.

I kinda figured something was up when the lady said ā€˜it was freeā€™ when I asked what I owed them for the repair. Got it home and saw the crack in the screen.
They wouldnā€™t take any ownership and said it was like that when it arrived.

I called the LG head office and told my story. They said they would investigate. Two days later they said they would repair the screen for free. Kudos to LG for not trying to bury the issue

Have you contacted the Asus head office? Never mind the repair centre but head office? The nitwits at the repair centre will never take ownership and I suspect that damaged items get taken out of the workers salary since in my case they fought tooth and nail to not take ownership of the mistake.

:rofl:
Head office is a fortress.

But I have had some good and bad experiences at the ASUS Service Centre. The issue is, I have to become visibly upset and almost Karen-like, not just at ASUS, but in many places in Taiwan. Especially as you try to talk, negotiate or understand and you get the same robotic reply. It was really strange being back in Canada and not having my blood pressure shoot through the roof at customer service reps of whom worked with me and co-operated.

I lost my mind at ASUS upper management at Computex over the number of times my phone had an issue within the 1Ā½ years I owned the thing.

But, I offered help to @Lettuceman, itā€™s up to him if he wants to take me up on my offer.

1 Like

Iā€™ve found the same. I have to basically either lose it with a manager or keep calling repeatedly until I become a pain in the ass to make them move. That worked better when I was younger and first in Taiwan, now Iā€™m old and not enough energy for that crap

1 Like

Unfortunately Taiwanā€™s consumer law is shitā€¦

Basically if you buy something, you canā€™t return it under almost any circumstances.

If you buy something that has warranty problems, they make it extremely difficult for you to get any warranty service at all, in fact you often have to pay to get it serviced. For example with guitars, if it has warranty problems, you gotta pay to ship it to the manufacturer (in the US) to get warranty service.

Try complaining on their Facebook pageā€¦