Audio: Practical Audio-Visual Chinese (新版實用視聽華語)

can finally put a face on 林建國 and 高偉立

2 Likes

Love the music. Do they have a version sans dialog? You know, like karaoke? :smile:

The link is now broken.

Since there are still some folks clicking on it, perhaps an update would be useful. It seems you can find the CDs for Practical Audio-Visual Chinese, or at least order them, from Cave’s Books. Here’s the link:

https://www.cavesbooks.com.tw/EC/Books_Prod_Content.aspx?SHOPID=WSP20121212140143WGS&GID=GDS201311100202527JL

If anyone is still following this feed, I’d like to ask if anyone can help me with the same problem. I bought the first edition of Practical Audio-Visual Chinese including the CDs a long time ago and am just getting around to using them… However, for some reasons they voice actors recorded the text SUPER slow. ONE… WORD… AT… A… TIME. It’s not really “practical” to listen to something sooo slow. I’ve heard samples of the updated audio files and they have been recorded at normal speed.

****** Could someone PLEASE provide me with the MP3 files and e-books for the later editions? I’ve been told that they have been rerecorded at “practical” speed.

The latest edition (3rd) looks to be completely revamped, so I’m not sure how much the new MP3 files would match up with the older books.

Are you in Taiwan? Here’s where you can order the newest edition books and MP3s (they don’t seem to be sold separately): PAVC 3rd Ed

Ebooks can be found here: PAVC 3rd Ed Ebooks

If you’re looking for free MP3s to download, can’t help you there, sorry.

1 Like

I’m not interested in buying the whole set again considering I already own all the books and CDs from the first edition. My problem is that the recordings are S-L-O-W.

Yes, I live in Taiwan. So, I know that I can buy any of those items at 誠品 etc.

I’ve already compared the editions. There’s not much difference actually. They merely added or subtracted one or two vocabulary words from each unit and changed references to China to Taiwan (which as it should be).

Thanks for your kind advice. I’ll just wait for someone who is kind enough to either sell me their old CDs or direct me to a link so that I can get what I need.

Thanks.

1 Like

I could suggest a technical solution. Try VLC player on the PC.

I assume it should work with audio CDs:

4 Likes

This worked. However, I would have to listen to the files from my computer at home. I would still like to adjust the speed of the mp3 files and then put them on my cellphone for on-the-go practice.

Could use Audacity (which is still free!) to rerecord the files at a faster speed, then put them on your phone? I honestly don’t know how labor intensive this would be.

4 Likes

VLC is available for phones too with the same playback speed options

4 Likes

In the past, when iTunes was a thing, you could change the type of “song” you had to “audiobook” or “podcast” instead of “song” and that would allow you to control the speed, up to x2. I’m not sure if you can do that now though, with everything in separate apps.

1 Like

I’ll give it a try. That’s worth a shot. Thank you! :grinning: