Aug 8th: Taoyuan/Nankan/Yangmei/Jhongli Get together

I forgot to mention that there is a really easy and cheap bus from Taipei.

It is near the Minquan W Rd MRT, just towards ZhongShan Nth road a little. It heads west and out to Nankan/Dayuan and CKS airport. Takes about 25 minutes usually.

50 NT and the first stop right off the freeway (near the EVA building) is literally 50 m from the restaurant.

The last one leaves the other side of the road in Nankan and leaves around 11pm, also 50nt.

100 nt transportation. Easy Peasy.

Err… in which case, it’s 50/50 whether I’ll go. Can someone who’s definitely going PM me their number?

Just a short reminder that this gathering is on TONIGHT.

I will be there around 7.30, but if anyone beats me, please let the guy know there will be a group coming tonight so we can get a corner to ourselves…or maybe upstairs.

Look forward to seeing y’all and meeting anyone newcomers - everyone is welcome.

Okay guys, I decided I’m definitely coming… setting off now so I might be an hour or more late though (takes at least an hour just to get on the freeway at this time).

thanks to those who braved the rain and came out :notworthy:

Yeah. It was great seeing you all and meeting Lupillus, Taffy, Energy, Ratlung and Surrenr.
Thanks to the folks who came from Taipei and Taichung!
Let’s do it againg soon!

what a blast. A great night. Good company, good drink, and mostly good food I think.

I think I can remember everyone:

llary
Surrenr
Ratlung
Wookiee
Taffy
Lupillus
Mainlander
Lurker from Sweden 1
Lurker from Sweden 2
MJB
Mr He
Toasty
Energy
xtrain
Truant (duh)

There’s someone I missed I am sure…

Oh, and those 3 EVA flight attendants that drunk more than anyone else I’d say.
:bravo:

we were there at closing, fine effort. Thanks especially to those coming from Taichung, Hsinchu, and the big smoke. :notworthy: Even with 1+hrs delays due to a major traffic accident, it was a superb effort from those coming from south.

hey, i don’t know if they post here, but if steve&rebecca, douglas gould and/or beat are in this group please let them know that killian is trying to reach them and can be reached here at formosa as “skeptic yank”. thanks.

I don’t think anyone fitting that discription came last night, but you are more than welcome to see what comes of your post.

Nice to catch up with you again, Truant. Too bad we got caught in a massive traffic jam that turned a 30 minute drive into an hour and a half trek. Worth it when we did arrive, though. Thanks again for arranging yet another Taoyuan and area HH.

Kudos to Truant for organising this get-together - like the man said, great turnout, nice people and a good time was (I think) had by all. Let us know when the next one is - I’d definitely be up for it.

Will send a PM regarding…

Great company and definitely worth the drive up :thumbsup: