Australian Border Control: Nothing soft gets in

Australian Border Control: nothing soft gets through. Australia, the hard country.

Ok perhaps stating the obvious here, but border crossing from where??

Brilliant! …but maybe Aussie border security would be a better setting for a boat commercial? :ponder:

City/country. It’s stated in the video. And we do have a national border, it’s called a coastline.

It’s the city/country ‘border’ which is being parodied.

City/country. It’s stated in the video. And we do have a national border, it’s called a coastline.

It’s the city/country ‘border’ which is being parodied.[/quote]

Had rewatch, but I caught it that time. :slight_smile: Forgive my Yankie tin-ear for the upside-down accent?

You’re welcome, glad you enjoyed it. Classic Australian humour, that. Have you seen ‘The Hollowmen’? Australian political satire at its best. A few examples here, here, and here.

You’re welcome, glad you enjoyed it. Classic Australian humour, that. Have you seen ‘The Hollowmen’? Australian political satire at its best. A few examples here, here, and here.[/quote]

Good stuff, though now I have to decide which lucky client gets billed for the last hour. :wink: Not surprisingly, the parodies apply quite well to US politics, too.

Oz humour. Good one!

Ok so you have land crossings between city and country? That makes absolutely no sense. Australians don’t want the city folk mixing with the country folk…ha! Why would someone have to cross a land border within their own country? Coastline is obviously your national border, but I didn’t see any coastline in the commercial. How north american of me to point out logic.

<— the point. you —>

This is called humour. There is no literal city/country border. The only borders in Australia are state borders, and the only place you’ll ever be stopped on a state border is South Australia, where they’ll check your vehicle for fruit and confiscate it (to protect the local fruit industry from imported fruit fly).

Keeping dirty country folk away from the city folk is still a good idea though. Also, I figured it was just another way for the whities to oppress the aborigines.

On the contrary, the concept behind the video is the exact opposite. City folk are the ones traditionally derided in Australian humour.

Oh of course, because it was full of Aborigines, wasn’t it? Care to come to the International forum and list all the ways you believe ‘the whities’ are oppressing ‘the aborigines’ in Australia? Then I’ll tell you all the ways ‘the darkies’ are oppressing ‘the whities’ in the US.

[quote=“occhimarroni”]Ok perhaps stating the obvious here, but border crossing from where??[/quote]Hong Kong youtube.com/watch?v=r3BO6GP9NMY

Well don’t get your panties in a twist or blow on your didgeridoo Foghorn! That’s what we Americans call humor. Perhaps those “darkies” should slap us around a bit, teach us not to be so arrogant. HA!