Australian/Kiwi cafes and shops

Wow, the cf stamp of approval! I’ll have to go and check them out. :bow:[/quote]

To be fair, at the time I tried them it’d been close to a decade since I’d eaten a pie in Australia. After having rectified that over Xmas when I was in Oz, I’d say that Pink Penguin is more like a Four’N Twenty pie than a bakery pie.

^^This! Is the greatest rating system I’ve ever come across!

I’m just gonna get all anzac competitive and say that you don’t know pies until you go to NZ…I’ve had pie face, I’ve had many pies in Australia…no. Just no.

The BBQ House (in Hsinchu) is owned/run by an Aussie, the one in Taichung is owned by them also but unsure if they utilise expat chefs also… :confused:
Great place for a steak… :slight_smile:

I was wondering anyone saw NZ Marmite in Taiwan. To my surprise, I bought VEGEMITE at Carefour on Dashun Road in North part of the City (Kaoshuing) for NT$150, went to the Euro/EU store before looking for Marmite (any nations version but was expecting the UK one) but happy with this surprise.

I always went to Woolloomooloo and The Antipodean

Coffee shop with Aussie name…

Aussie Cafe
No. 33號, Lane 115, Section 2, Zhongshan North Road, Zhongshan District, Taipei
https://goo.gl/maps/XTdnTKfXT24Db343A

1 Like

I went there a few times. I liked the aussie burger

Besides burgers, did have pies and proper coffees. Looking for Aussie foods I can get other places.

Wollomooloo Cafe in Taipei has great Aussie cuisine. It is very successful and they have several restaurants. And the food is a high standard albeit steep price.

However I have not seen any other shops besides Carrefours selling regular Aussie food. Carrefours regularly carry a few Aussie items such as Vegemite; Jam; Weetbix. They have a wide wine selection but very few Aussie labels. Mostly French p**s.
Right now I would die for (a) Mettwurst (b) Adelaide style Pasty (c) Aussie style Meat pie (d) Taylor’s Cab Sav. But little hope of seeing any this side of Darwin.