Australian Meat Pie - Feng Chia Night Market

Dear all,

My name is David Liu, I just moved to Taichung in September and is dying to make some new friends here. Currently I’m running a small booth down at Feng Chia Night Market (Previously Yi-Chung night market) in Taichung City.

The shop name is Pie Pie 澳洲肉派 (Ao Zhou Rou Pie) (Australian Meat Pie in Chinese). We sell fist-size meat pie which is freshly baked on site, along with mashed potato with beef gravy (cooked daily). We have 7 flavors (5 salty, 2 sweet) which provides you a variety of choices & combinations.

Product picture:

Our first shop started in Rei Feng night market in Kaohsiung. Some of you in the forum might have already tasted our pie, and now it’s more convenient for your friends in Taichung to have a try, do share the good news and have a great time at my little booth!

Booth picture:

All are welcome to drop by and enjoy our delicious pie with a little taste of western cuisine. If you are new to Taiwan / Taichung and need information from a local Taiwanese, feel free to pop any questions. I’m more than willing to help, not to mention making new friends!!!

Delivery Hotline: 0930576864 David Liu
Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/piepietaichung

Personal Contact information:
0930576864 David Liu
davekido@hotmail.com
Line ID: davekido

Travel Information to Pie Pie:
Address: No. 10-3, Wénhuá Rd, Xitun District
Taichung City, Taiwan 407

Google map location:
http://goo.gl/maps/azas2

Sounds great - What are the flavors?

Salty:

1. Black pepper chunky beef
  2. Bolognaise minced pork
  3. Steak & Cheese
  4. Creamy bacon & mushroom with chicken
  5. Curry Chicken

All salty flavors comes with a choice of adding mashed potato with gravy on the top.

Sweet:
6. Taro (Yam)
7. Custard

Menu (Feel free to download when ordering deliveries)

I swear I’ve seen one of these places on Beitun Rd (北屯) road opposite and a little ways off the movie theater.

[quote=“davekido”]Dear all,

We sell fist-size meat pie which is freshly baked on site,

][/quote]

Please would you post a picture of your fist…If it is the size of my Girlfriends fist,I would need 2 Pies. :laughing:
Look forward to trying your food. :popcorn:

Hi, I believe I’m the only booth selling pie in Taichung. If you ever passes by the place again, would take a snapshot and send it to me? Thanks

[quote=“shiadoa”][quote=“davekido”]Dear all,

We sell fist-size meat pie which is freshly baked on site,

][/quote]

Please would you post a picture of your fist…If it is the size of my Girlfriends fist,I would need 2 Pies. :laughing:
Look forward to trying your food. :popcorn:[/quote]

Hehehehe…I’ll soon post a product picture with good comparisons, lol! :wink:

Hi David those pies sound amazing. I’m ABC from San Francisco and staying in Taichung for a few months. Will try to stop by your booth soon to try some of those pies. A little sick of the “little eats” by now and would like to try something new.

Seems that you got space on that menu to add a veggie pie, right below chicken. That would get you extra business from the non-beast eaters :thumbsup: .

[quote=“davekido”]Menu (Feel free to download when ordering deliveries)
[/quote]

:sunglasses:

Hey big DUDE~ great to hear that, looking forward to seeing you!

I tried the pies from this booth at Rao He Night Market (near Song Shan Station). I’ve had the steak and cheese, pork, and curry so far. They were all really nice, and really good with mash and gravy. My only complaint would be twice I’ve been and they haven’t had the black pepper beef ones. They must be really popular.

Thanks for sharing your experience!
We are glad you enjoyed our food and yes, the beef pies are our all time favorites!

Dear All,

Here is our latest Menu, check it out and drop by our shop for some great pies!

Stopped by and tried the black pepper beef pie. Very good!

Is a steak and mushroom version in the works?

Sausage rolls could be a hit as well, as would lammingtons

Good on you for having a shot at advanced australia fare. :thumbsup:

Tried them all now, steak and cheese is my favourite.

There’s a new German sausage flavour too, very tasty.

I tried these yesterday, again, the shortening appears to be made with margarine, not butter. I wish someone would start selling more expensive pies, with real pie crust.

As for the fillings, the steak & cheese seemed to be missing the cheese, the pork mince bolognese was very nice, and my BF loved his mushroom chicken. He also enjoyed the pie pastry, so I guess this margarine/butter issue only affects me, probably because I grew up in NZ with pies as a staple part of my diet.