Australian Police Misconduct

In Australia, police officers were sharing this board around as a joke. Even the top brass including the Northern Territory police commissioner were sharing this around.

For context aboriginals make up 3% of Australia’s population yet sadly account for 31% of prisoners.

1 Like

16 years ago

1 Like

And recently surfaced upon investigation. Note that 2008 was the earliest copy they could find. It had been circulated more recently via social media

So it’s also the other 97% non aboriginals fault too, they are really treated badly others, and Chinese speaking residents are just as bad or worse from comments I heard them make in Chinese there.

Oh I’ve no doubt that sort of thing is rife.

1 Like

In Australia I used to work at a financial institution in the city.

One day some of us were called into a serious meeting and we were told it was “urgent and serious as something terrible has happened.”

Went in there and some of the top management were talking about one of the people not invited saying they didn’t invite him because he is the type who would “report us” among other that were not called.

In this meeting the boss had his tablet and had the social media accounts of a few of the candidates for the new receptionists!

We sat around and had a vote on who is the hottest.

At the end of the meeting as we were walking out the boss said loudly in an angry tone so everyone else could hear. “I hope we don’t need to discuss this again and I don’t want to hear anyone talking about this serious issue.” - No one outside of the room ever had any idea what the meeting pertained to but assumed one or all of us were in trouble.

The receptionist they hired in the end is now a business development manager (BDM) on at least $200,000 AUD a year salary (at a big fund management company) so it actually ended up well for her.

1 Like

I also worked for a financial institution in the city. But strictly back office so that sort of thing couldn’t have gone on. Majority female staff and near majority Asian.

1 Like

We were a mixture of both back office and client facing. We had desks but many would often be out meeting clients at the nearby coffee store throughout most of the day.

The room with all the boring accountants etc… was close by and a couple of them were invited too actually.

Women never talk about men

2 Likes

Democracy in action

5 Likes